• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where's the most conservatively Christian place to live?

Bring The Noise

Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
dumbest crap i've ever heard. do you know of any christian today that stones people to death? do you know of any christians that follow the OT laws to the exact letter? christians are christian because they don't abide by the old covenant.

1 Corinthians 11:25 - In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me."

2 Corinthians 3:6 - He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Luke 22:20 - In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Hebrews 9:15 - For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

really pisses me off every time somebody quotes the deuteronomy or leviticus and says that's what christianity is about. you're only looking for excuses to invalidate christian beliefs not actually trying to understand the whole view and how can you criticize christianity if you pick and choose what you don't like about it. why do you think christ came? it's because we can't be justified by obedience under the old testament laws because all have sinned. justification by faith not by works.

it also really pisses me off when people quote OT laws to try and prove a non-existent point about the lack of christian compassion and kindness. the christian community is the single largest community that has done the largest amount of work in the non-profit, charity, and human rights sector. how many commercials do you see for secular organizations that ask you to be a beneficiary for a starving african children? how many christian organizations are there in comparison to secular organizations that brave conditions of destabilization and still continue to administer to people all around the world like afghanistan, iraq, cambodia, vietnam, phillipines, africa? who were at the forefront of the US feminist and african american rights movement? who were at the forefront of the environmental conservation movement? who were at the forefront of global tragedies such as the rwandan genocide, sudanese genocide, hurricane katrina, to earthquakes and floods and famines in China, India, and all around the globe?

how much do you donate every year to the poor and oppressed? how many hours a week do you spend doing charity work? how long has it been since you actually ever cared enough some global tragedy that you were active in telling everybody you knew about how deprave the situation was?

for every bastard criticize for calling himself christian and yet does the unthinkable there's 3, 4 more who's doing more good for the world that you've never even heard of or even able to recognize.

how can you hate christianity for the wrongdoings that some christians have wrongly committed under the name of christianity when 1) those things are not what christianity stands for 2) the christian community has done so much more for the world than any other community has.

So what you've taught me is to basically selectively interpret the bible, even though it has been presented as the lord's word? awfully hypocritical.
circleofpowerhijr4.jpg

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bring The Noise
So what you've taught me is to basically selectively interpret the bible, even though it has been presented as the lord's word? awfully hypocritical.
weak hate. not even logical. hypocritical because you can't understand what role the old testament actually plays in christianity? selectively interpret has nothing to do with presented as lord's word. you're just saying things that sound about right because it sounds similar to what smarter atheists around you have spouted before (whether they're creeps on the internets or a nerd in real life). what you really want to argue is that even though i told you to selectively interpret the bible (which i didnt) the bible presents itself as wholly true and not up for selective interpretation. did i say christians selectively interpret the bible? 1. the old testament isn't used as civil law in christianity but as moral law. we don't stone homosexuals. we just think according to old testament law homosexuality is sinful. how is this selectively interpreting the bible? we're not interpreting the bible, we're just looking at what it says and it says that god told hebrews in the olden times that homosexual acts were sinful enough to be condemned with death. as christians we look at it and say oh homosexuality is sinful, but through the new covenant homosexuality isn't a sin so binding that the victims can't be saved. 2.all those irrelevant passages about growing long hair, owning fruit that has dropped in your land, and abandoning women after their period for seven days, having such women and women who just gave birth undergo a purifying ritual, has NOTHING to do with christianity because it has to do with JEWISH CIVIL law, not CHRISTIAN civil law. it's a guidance for morality not a guidance for how to punish people. such laws have little to do with morality, but either has to do with the idea that people should consecrate themselves before their god and sanctify their lives so as to make it holy and pleasing to him or has to do with how people should deal with problems with each other without resolving to blood feuds. the bible is wholly true, but being wholly true and following the old testament law to the exact letter do not have a causal or a codependent relationship. it's true that God told the Hebrews to observe the 283 laws as Torah, but this in its entirety is not binding to Christians just as justification by works is not how christians view salvation. it has nothing to do with what you do to earn salvation. it has everything to do with what you do as a result of salvation. get over yourself. your hate is nothing new and is nothing that hasn't been said in the past two millenium. you think a mass conspiracy that brainwashes its congregation could have lasted that long? i think a certain Judas said it best "For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God" whether or not you think christianity is of divine origin as much as other religions are there is obviously something inherently compelling about it that allows it to exist in the presence of negative external pressure. i dont understand how christianity offends so many people that they could spew such ignorant hate. there's so many things wrong with your circle i dont even want to begin. as for the most conservative christian place to live, i really dont know, but i'd like to live for awhile in ethiopia although i have no idea what it's like there.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Is Salt Lake City dry?

Not even close. Believe it or not, Salt Lake City is solidly left of center. Utah as a whole is very Republican, but the city tracks the other way.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
I'd suggest western Washington, or perhaps somewhere near Sandpoint, ID.
I think you mean Eastern Washington. Thats where the ex lives. Between Spokane and Sandpoint, ID. And yes, that's conservative Christian territory. You won't find nearly as many conservative Christians anywhere west of the mountains. This is liberal country. We believe in dinosaurs and evolution over here, for the most part.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
Well, for Evangelical Protestants, Colorado Springs hands down.

Colorado Springs is what I first thought of. A large part of the Evangelical Christian movement, in the last 20 years or more, has originated from this city.

coopster

Reaction score
I thought coeur d' alene, ID was known to be very conservative... but isn't it pretty much eastern washington.

I am in no way trying to tie the two together but I had a buddy from there and he said that it had one of the highest population/*** ratios in the country.

I would have to imagine anywhere in Alabama or Mississippi would qualify as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads