• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Californication makes Entourage look like a cartoon.. What an awesome, awesome show.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The one that Charlie is representing...Daisy I think her name is.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention earlier that I find the woman who plays Hank's ex (the mother of his child) to be incredibly attractive. I've had a thing for her ever since I saw the movie "Laurel Canyon."

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just powered through Season 1 and a bottle of Chianti.
The last couple of episodes were weak and predictable.
All-in-all a great show.
(Btw, the fake **** on the boxer chick were spectacular.)

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spertia
I forgot to mention earlier that I find the woman who plays Hank's ex (the mother of his child) to be incredibly attractive. I've had a thing for her ever since I saw the movie "Laurel Canyon."

Natasha McElhone...yes she is a hottie. Check out Ronin with DeNiro and Jean Reno, it's hot seeing her as a tough IRA terrorist. and the movie has some of the best car chase scenes ever

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Natasha McElhone...yes she is a hottie. Check out Ronin with DeNiro and Jean Reno, it's hot seeing her as a tough IRA terrorist. and the movie has some of the best car chase scenes ever

I'd say it's the best car chase film ever made. People can cry me a river about "Bullitt," absolutely nothing touches "Ronin."

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty good, very entertaining show. It has gotten a bit over the top with Hank sleeping with basically every female he meets, thought it does make for some nice T&A in the process. Last season was more compelling when Hank was genuinely trying to get Karen back, this season is missing the dynamic of their relationship and it just seems a bit aimless. Also Charlie cheating on his wife like it's nothing? There was no weight to that choice whatsoever. I'm all for suspension of belief but quite honestly Californicaiton makes Entourage's depiction of L.A. look tame by comparison.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I'd say it's the best car chase film ever made. People can cry me a river about "Bullitt," absolutely nothing touches "Ronin."

yup

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally caught up on the last couple episodes.. This show still rocks.

The journalist chick was sooo damn hot. And the teacher thing and what happens after? That's why the show is great.

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like that McQueen drove in most of those scenes, and they kept his **** up where he takes out the camera. 'Ronin' is probably the most excessive use of the car chase, and is not a bad film to boot.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The French Connection deserves some consideration as well.

gdc_2008

Reaction score
McQueen didn't drive in as many as people think (as per some bio I read)...and I think both car chase scenes can share the best ever spotlight... Oh...the show...watching it since day one...the scene where he pukes, then she pukes on the painting...funny
biggrin.gif

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
Just got into it a bit ago, watched season one on DVD now catching up on the new episodes.

This show is so damn good. Adult, funny, always surprising, and so on. I am glad to have found this as Entourage is turning into absolutly boring crap.

Anyway, if you haven't watched Californication yet, run out and rent/buy season one and have fun.

Yes this is a great show. It's a crime that it's only 22 minutes. My only problem with it now is that it tries a little too hard to be shocking. Sex is a great topic but I think they need a bit of a different angle. I love this show though and Dave Duchovny is sensational, as is his 80s tastic ex-wife or whatever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads