• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Californication makes Entourage look like a cartoon.. What an awesome, awesome show.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
ok this thread started me on a very long process of downloading season 1 - and yup...5 episodes in and it is totally all it is cracked up to be. Thanks for the recommendation.

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
ok this thread started me on a very long process of downloading season 1 - and yup...5 episodes in and it is totally all it is cracked up to be. Thanks for the recommendation.

The first season DVDs arrived yesterday from Netflix. I can laugh at the jokes because I don't have to live in LA.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T

awesome!

oneblood

Reaction score
Entourage is a cartoon.

Californication is pretty good, not appointment viewing for me but I rather enjoy Hank Moody.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else, who has seen the first episode of season 2 still disturbed by the vas deference being held up to his face? The sight of that little thing literally has my clutching my legs and feeling a sharp imaginary pain in that area beneath my testes. Before I thought getting snipped wasn't a big deal, but having seen that makes me never want to do it. It's been a month since I've seen that and I still can't get over it.

HitMan009

Reaction score
Paula Marshall from Episode 2 Season 1
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
cool, I am all caught up with the real world now...just in time for the season to end.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great show. First time I've ever agreed with Flambeur.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
californication sucked and the black baby thing was done on nip/tuck years ago. the artist within writer, however, was really good.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decent final.
Great show regardless.

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Californication makes itself look like a cartoon. Apparently washed-up paunchy writers with drinking and smoking problems are catnip to every improbably gorgeous twenty-something who crosses their path. And they soon forgive the theft of their watershed novel. To say nothing of Runkle and his wife.

But it's got entertainment value despite the cast of often unsympathetic characters.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finale was anticlimactic. Wasn't entirely bad though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads