• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

jsherman02

Reaction score
C&J Lowndes

cJlowndes004.jpg

cJlowndes002.jpg

cJlowndes003.jpg

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Rolex 50th Ann green Sub.. The original before they PHKED up with the ROLEXROLEXROLEX etched into the inner rehault..

I was on my way to pick up the IWC BP 5004-01 when I got side tracked stepped on a frog!

The last time my AD called to say get in quick (as they don't sit in the stores long enough), I again nvere got that as I got side tracked & went home with a PAM233J!

How do you decide which watch to wear with so many nice ones?

82-Greg

Reaction score
I just ordered some WS Foster & Son bespoke shoes. Black, cap-toe, oxford cut. Expecting trail fitting in March and deliver April-May. Pics following on delivery.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received the Hickey Freeman "Vanguard" DB from the Presidential Collection. Reportedly, almost entirely made by hand (button holes suggest otherwise) with handwork clearly visible in the collar, shoulder and edge finishing.

The silouette is nothing like the typical HF's. Slim (to the point of being a size smaller than tagged), more darting, shorter hem line and more structured shoulder.

Its off to the tailor to finish the sleeves and hem the pants.

Also getting my MTO black suede Martegani's this month.

Oh - and bought a pair of Suede EG's from Whnay.

Almost done with my "What are you buying for winter" list.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
how are you done for the winter when it's still only fall?!

correction - I'm almost done for fall. The Winter list has yet to be written. Although I think I have only a few items on the list;

Rider Cordovan Captoe Boots
Light Grey or Blue Flannel chalk stripe suit
Dark Purple with white pindots tie (eyeing Charles Alexanders 6 fold)
Dark Red with white pindots tie

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartort
but I thought you were so over them 2 years ago
wink.gif
They look good on the feet. How did you get them today? Is local pick up an option in NYC or do you have connections?

rumor is that he works for em

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Thanks, I'm curious to see if they've slimmed down at all, right now they are on my do not buy list.

TC, well the fit is actually not too bad. It is a half size larger, I'm usually a 15.5 and this is a 16. It's not as fitted as I'm used to but not as tentish or billowy as I feared. However, I still may take it to my tailor when I get the chance and have it fitted a little better but overall I'm quite happy with it.

Please forgive the poor quality of the photo. My phone dosen't have a white balance setting
frown.gif

JWN-fit.jpg

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
TC, well the fit is actually not too bad. It is a half size larger, I'm usually a 15.5 and this is a 16. It's not as fitted as I'm used to but not as tentish or billowy as I feared. However, I still may take it to my tailor when I get the chance and have it fitted a little better but overall I'm quite happy with it.

Please forgive the poor quality of the photo. My phone dosen't have a white balance setting
frown.gif

Thanks for the feedback. Looks nice. That appears to be a bit slimmer than the few that I own.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Thanks for the feedback. Looks nice. That appears to be a bit slimmer than the few that I own.

No problem. You were not the only person to bring up fit issues with JWN shirts. Naturally I was a bit fearfull that I had just purchased a Sea Island Cotton tent but was happy to find that it wasn't. I guess not all JWN shirts are created equal
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads