Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Harris, Sep 23, 2008.

1. speedster.8

speedster.8 Senior member

I've redone my entire shoe wardrobe in the past 2-1/2 months. Borgioli Wingtips BB Peal suede wings BB Peal suede chukkas BB Peal tan plaintoe wings (on their way!) Rider RBCB1 shell cordovan chukkas C&J for Robert Old Norfolk captoe boots (on their way!) NOS Florsheim ankle boots (just bought em from B&S 15 minutes ago) I think I'm going to have to take a break now.
    Nice selection there, sounds good now for some pictures?
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for reminding me ...

2. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Just ordered the Martegani Sorrento (sales alert- it's currently marked down about $200 at Franco's)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. tricota

tricota Senior member

google? or are you that slow..[​IMG]

They do have a web presence, but no web store..

get ready for some luxury..

www.valextra.com

No, I did find the website, and they do have some nice things, though not a very good website. So I just wanted to know if there was a direct online store. Sometimes these sites are a bit confusing to me, more focused on making their website a "design aspect", rather then giving vallueble product informating and a chance for people to actually buy something...Or maybe I am just slow...[​IMG]

Thanks anyways...

4. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

No, I did find the website, and they do have some nice things, though not a very good website. So I just wanted to know if there was a direct online store. Sometimes these sites are a bit confusing to me, more focused on making their website a "design aspect", rather then giving vallueble product informating and a chance for people to actually buy something...Or maybe I am just slow...[​IMG]

Thanks anyways...

You're right- many sites are more like brand calling cards but are not a retailing presence.

5. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

Thanks anyways...

One of the major appeals of brands like Valextra is that it is not available everywhere. I have always admired from a far & did not want to start until I knew I was able to have easy access. I have this SF OCD thing where I can't stop at one!

Now that I am moving to a city where there is a Valextra store... I will be poor! But have great leather goods.

As much as I like Bottega Veneta, the fact that it has gone mass has made me look beyond. Though I still like their luggage..

6. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

BB Peal suede wings? Which one is that? I think I have those.

Yeah, they're the really long and kinda pointy ones in a very light tan color. They were the subject of a few threads about 2 months back. I hesitated and hesitated and then a pair came back in stock in my size after they had disappeared for a bit last month during the 25% off sale and I finally pounced.

I actually don't love the shape - they're a bit pointy and lack refinement, but they're so comfortable and just fun for wearing with jeans and cords I can't resist.

7. bachbeet

bachbeet Senior member

About three or four weeks ago, I said, in another thread, that I had ordered 3 white twill shirts from H&H in their sale. I picked them up at the PO today, and I can honestly say that, at that sale price, they are the best shirts I've ever purchased. Certainly superior to those CF shirts I waited for for over a year and a half and paid 5 times as much for. And, the little touch I appreciate a lot is that they put their name on the collar stays! [​IMG]

8. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Jil Sander cut out runway shoes: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Victor Osbourne diamond hat in charcoal w/ black grosgain ribbon. Will be finished in 2 weeks [​IMG]

10. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Victor Osbourne diamond hat in charcoal w/ black grosgain ribbon. Will be finished in 2 weeks
    [​IMG]

pretty lady.

11. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Seaward and Stearns wool tie and plaid square.

[​IMG]

12. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

pretty lady.

She looks like she can pitch a mean softball.

That's a very cool hat, though, SoCal.

13. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Seaward and Stearns wool tie and plaid square.

Very nice - I love wool ties

14. Christofuh

Christofuh Senior member

@ CG
    I'm feeling "Seaward and Stearns wool tie and plaid square" [​IMG]

15. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

^ Christofuh ... you need to start a thread where you post full size pics of the women in your avatars!