1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Harris, Sep 23, 2008.

1. speedster.8

speedster.8 Senior member

I've redone my entire shoe wardrobe in the past 2-1/2 months. Borgioli Wingtips BB Peal suede wings BB Peal suede chukkas BB Peal tan plaintoe wings (on their way!) Rider RBCB1 shell cordovan chukkas C&J for Robert Old Norfolk captoe boots (on their way!) NOS Florsheim ankle boots (just bought em from B&S 15 minutes ago) I think I'm going to have to take a break now.
    Nice selection there, sounds good now for some pictures?
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for reminding me ...

2. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Just ordered the Martegani Sorrento (sales alert- it's currently marked down about $200 at Franco's)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. tricota

tricota Senior member

google? or are you that slow..[​IMG]

They do have a web presence, but no web store..

get ready for some luxury..

www.valextra.com

No, I did find the website, and they do have some nice things, though not a very good website. So I just wanted to know if there was a direct online store. Sometimes these sites are a bit confusing to me, more focused on making their website a "design aspect", rather then giving vallueble product informating and a chance for people to actually buy something...Or maybe I am just slow...[​IMG]

Thanks anyways...

4. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

No, I did find the website, and they do have some nice things, though not a very good website. So I just wanted to know if there was a direct online store. Sometimes these sites are a bit confusing to me, more focused on making their website a "design aspect", rather then giving vallueble product informating and a chance for people to actually buy something...Or maybe I am just slow...[​IMG]

Thanks anyways...

You're right- many sites are more like brand calling cards but are not a retailing presence.

5. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

Thanks anyways...

One of the major appeals of brands like Valextra is that it is not available everywhere. I have always admired from a far & did not want to start until I knew I was able to have easy access. I have this SF OCD thing where I can't stop at one!

Now that I am moving to a city where there is a Valextra store... I will be poor! But have great leather goods.

As much as I like Bottega Veneta, the fact that it has gone mass has made me look beyond. Though I still like their luggage..

6. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

BB Peal suede wings? Which one is that? I think I have those.

Yeah, they're the really long and kinda pointy ones in a very light tan color. They were the subject of a few threads about 2 months back. I hesitated and hesitated and then a pair came back in stock in my size after they had disappeared for a bit last month during the 25% off sale and I finally pounced.

I actually don't love the shape - they're a bit pointy and lack refinement, but they're so comfortable and just fun for wearing with jeans and cords I can't resist.

7. bachbeet

bachbeet Senior member

About three or four weeks ago, I said, in another thread, that I had ordered 3 white twill shirts from H&H in their sale. I picked them up at the PO today, and I can honestly say that, at that sale price, they are the best shirts I've ever purchased. Certainly superior to those CF shirts I waited for for over a year and a half and paid 5 times as much for. And, the little touch I appreciate a lot is that they put their name on the collar stays! [​IMG]

8. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Jil Sander cut out runway shoes: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Victor Osbourne diamond hat in charcoal w/ black grosgain ribbon. Will be finished in 2 weeks [​IMG]

10. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Victor Osbourne diamond hat in charcoal w/ black grosgain ribbon. Will be finished in 2 weeks
    [​IMG]

pretty lady.

11. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Seaward and Stearns wool tie and plaid square.

[​IMG]

12. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

pretty lady.

She looks like she can pitch a mean softball.

That's a very cool hat, though, SoCal.

13. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Seaward and Stearns wool tie and plaid square.

Very nice - I love wool ties

14. Christofuh

Christofuh Senior member

@ CG
    I'm feeling "Seaward and Stearns wool tie and plaid square" [​IMG]

15. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

^ Christofuh ... you need to start a thread where you post full size pics of the women in your avatars!

16. Metlin

Metlin Senior member

pretty lady.

Rather flat, though.

17. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

@ CG
    I'm feeling "Seaward and Stearns wool tie and plaid square" [​IMG]

Thanks man, and thanks Eustace. First woolie for me.

18. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

Finally, after 2 months...(and on schedule for a black tie event in a week!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

The shoes are fine as far as formal context, and realize you likely took quick snaps to show then off... However, I couldn't help but chuckle by how amusing they look when paired with those jeans.

20. AlanC

AlanC Senior member