1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Harris, Sep 23, 2008.

1. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

Bought several new suits this week. Charcoal Armani three piece, blue Corneliani 2 button and a navy blue Paul Smith 2 button. Look out for pics after the holidays!

2. BrendanIYC

BrendanIYC Well-Known Member

3. bmulford

bmulford Senior member

I totally forgot about this thread - here's a few recent things: Picked up a few Hickey Freeman Ties a few nights ago at the HF store in SF. Binge invited me to attend a special shopper thing - basically an extra discounts hour. Sales have been Grim in San Francisco, even with everyone doing 60%-70% off. Sadly, anything really desirable isn't in the sale (e.g., EG shoes, Prada Briefcases, Berluti, etc). So the HF store invited their best customers to get a little extra discount for coming. I think they sold a jacket or two, a few shirts, a pair of trousers and maybe 6 ties. I decided to only buy top notch ties after Vox's 'what would you do different' thread from a while back, but I didn't have the heart to go and NOT buy something. Two nice handmade ties for $30 and a PS for $30. Not sure if my purchases helped or hurt them. Also picked up a Borgioli grey pinstripe suit (dropped off at the tailors today). While I was there I felt so bad for how slow business has been for them, I put in an order for a few shirts. They would have loved a suit order, but alas, I have my own economic issues to contend with. I was SO tempted to have them make a bengal stripe shirt, but alas, I opted for a few herringbone/tone on tone shirts in blue. But if I see a RTW red bengal stripe for cheap I'm buying it. And ordered a few Barba black labels from Ian at ShopTheFinest last week. Should get them on Mon/Tuesday. Right now, I'm trying like hell not to buy a flannel HF presidential that's sitting on ebay for $250.

4. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

buy the presidential!

5. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

luciano barbera club PS navy blue with solid white circle dots handmade in italy $8.11

robert talbot PS made in italy royal blue with paisleys $6.48

robert talbot PS made in englad black with brown paisleys $6.48

6. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

And ordered a few Barba black labels from Ian at ShopTheFinest last week. Should get them on Mon/Tuesday.

Report back on those...they all have back darts, correct?

Barbas have been my favorite RTW shirt since I got a bunch in a trip to Venice many years ago.

- B

7. yachtie

yachtie Senior member

A pair of the Rider wingtip boots (on sale) [​IMG]
    A pair of Alden cigar chukkas (not on sale) [​IMG]
    Cool sweaters from whosurdadi ( defintely on sale) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Just won these tonight on ebay...

[​IMG]

9. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

Some more stuff via B&S [​IMG]

My first pair of Marteganis
    Jacket
    Tie

10. bmulford

bmulford Senior member

Just won these tonight on ebay...

[​IMG]

ok wtf is up with that avatar image?

11. bmulford

bmulford Senior member

Report back on those...they all have back darts, correct?

Barbas have been my favorite RTW shirt since I got a bunch in a trip to Venice many years ago.

- B

Alas, I only ordered ties. I've not tried any of their shirts but have thought about it. The ties however, are as nice as any I've seen or owned.

12. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

From the Saks sale:

linen pocket square ($5.75!)
    Zegna sportcoat in blue/grey/black check "Trofeo" fabric
    Zegna indigo linen sportcoat
    At the rate Andy Gorges gets things done they'll be ready just in time for me to wear the linen coat.

From the Barney's sale:

2 James Perse sweaters
    1 John Varvatos sweater
    1 pair jeans

From Loehmann's (b'day discount stacked on 20% off sale):

Takumi shirt
    2 cashmere scarves
    2-Xist undies
    Pair Coach gloves

Oh, and a couple of pairs of shoes that are on order: Alfred Sargent Applebys (taking advantage of the strengthened dollar and ordered from Pediwear) and Filson Uplander Oxfords.

13. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

and those shoes are ugly

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Trust me, we will all thank him when bespoke shorts are the rage.

15. F475

F475 Well-Known Member

They will look dashing with those ass-crack hugging shorts.. Knee-high socks? [​IMG]

16. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

Alas, I only ordered ties. I've not tried any of their shirts but have thought about it. The ties however, are as nice as any I've seen or owned.

I have quite a few Barba shirts...but no ties. I apologize for assuming Black Label shirts...didn't know there were BL ties as well.

Right now, I'm giving Hober and Marinella lined six-folds, and Rubinacci and Arnys unlined seven-folds, first place when it comes to ties.

There are each so different that I can be convincingly accused of being indecisive. I prefer to think that I enjoy different forms of excellence.

- B

17. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

From the Pal Zileri Sample sale:

Midbrown herringbone double-breasted Sartoriale overcoat
    Linen light brown glenplaid with baby blue windowpane sportcoat
    Olive green houndstooth pant
    Cherry seersucker pants
    Blue tie with white dots.

Pics to follow...

18. cheez80

cheez80 Well-Known Member

a ralph lauren purple label m65, with a nifty liner. too bad it's missing some buttons, which i hope the boutique can help me replace [​IMG]

19. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

m.a.+ cotton sweatpants [​IMG] thanks for holding them up Magician! m.a.+ cotton/cashmere aviator hoodie [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Shikar

Shikar Senior member

- B

Shhhhhhhhh.....let's keep this a secret please. Try the Buonamassa line of Barba also, they are superb.

Regards