• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Blog Marley

Reaction score
who sells good 100% wool peacoats? cashmere blend is okay. I though about jumping on the Ralph Lauren one, with the 30% code.

aaronxxx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gawkrodger
I live in the UK, but assume H&M sell the same peacoat in both countries.

If it is, I tried it on, and it's probably the best of all the high street stores in theUK, but that isn't saying much! The positive - it's was actually a really good fit on me. Negative - the wool was as rough as a badger's arse. The stupid little rivits on the epaulettes. Some of the stitching.

it's probably the same. this was the higher end one, not the LOGG peacoat that's about half as expensive. the fit was great, real slim through the waist but my shoulders weren't restricted. the wool was actually really rough, but maybe it would soften up after washing it. i thought the rivet accents were a nice touch.

gawkrodger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aaronxxx
it's probably the same. this was the higher end one, not the LOGG peacoat that's about half as expensive. the fit was great, real slim through the waist but my shoulders weren't restricted. the wool was actually really rough, but maybe it would soften up after washing it. i thought the rivet accents were a nice touch.

sounds the same. I hadn't thought about the wool maybe becoming softer with washing, though I'm sceptical of it actually doing this.

I'll have a look at the rivets again - they're the kind of thing which is probably easy to remove

VictorC

Reaction score
What i dont like about the h&m one is that there is no top button where you can enclose the chest area if it gets a bit chilly like some peacoats can.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley
who sells good 100% wool peacoats? cashmere blend is okay. I though about jumping on the Ralph Lauren one, with the 30% code.

if you do, tell me how it is. also consider the rugby one, its 300 and then the 30% off code

Electricity

Reaction score
I'm debating between sterlingwear and Schott... and as far as sterlingwear goes I'm confused which style would be best..the diffrences are pretty subtle. I'm open to other recomendations including "fashion peacoats".

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got this one: US Navy Peacoat. I really like it. Good fit and seems like it will be warm. I got the satin lined coat because it's more luxurious and it had a vent, where the quilted one has no vent.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joel_954
I just got this one: US Navy Peacoat. I really like it. Good fit and seems like it will be warm. I got the satin lined coat because it's more luxurious and it had a vent, where the quilted one has no vent.

How tailored is it exactly? That site recommends sizing up one which I'm very skeptical about.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads