• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a 35" chest. I wear suits in either 35R or 36R. For my peacoat I sized down to a 34R.

Read what I wrote at the top of my post. You can find all the info in the linked threads.

kinetic

Reaction score
Nice thread. I think I'm going to look around the Army/Navy stores in Seattle and see if I can try one of these on. Definitely will be grabbing one from Sterlingwear, I've been looking for a good Peacoat for the winter.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine couple days ago. I pick the color oxford grey...will post pic when I get it.
I'm 5'7..155lb..so I got a 36small.

arsenik509

Reaction score
I'm in the Navy and could go to the NEX and see how much we get these for. I might be able to do a proxy, if it's not against our regs or anything.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yo if you can get a navy peacoat proxy get at me... should be pretty interesting

aerether

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Warren G.
I ordered mine couple days ago. I pick the color oxford grey...will post pic when I get it.

5'7", 162lb, ordered a 38s in Oxford Gray. This was on September 23, mind you. So a week more, maybe, until it actually gets here...

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a great pic, but it may get the idea across. I was 6', ~155 lbs, chest measured around 34-35". Sized down to a 32L Sterlingwear:

100_0857_1024x768.jpg

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dunno... after seeing so many examples of sized down Sterlingwear, I think I might just stick to a credibly designer Peacoat and cop one off the B/S forums.

I think they would be fine, in small communities, but since moving almost every other person has a peacoat and let's be honest, it's not that hard to size it correctly. So even if I size it perfectly, it doesn't really make me stand out among the crowd. I find the Sterlingwear just so bland and box like that I think I'll have to pass in favor of a more fashion forward cut.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I bought the Banana Republic triblend (mosty wool) black peacoat the other day in my true size, and the fit is right on. It's slightly tailored looking, and has a slightly longer cut than the traditional pea coat, which makes it a bit more versatile in my estimation. Makes it something I can easily dress up.

danilo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Warren G.

I'd like to see this as well as I'm exactly the same height/weight

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the record, unless Sterlingwear happened to have one already made, Oxford Greys are made-to-order, which takes 2-4 weeks. I got mine in 4 weeks. So those of you waiting to see them on others may be waiting a while.
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics