• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Olympic Fakery -- Singing Star was a Fake!!!

arrrrffff

Reaction score
This is analagous to going to a concert and finding out that the "singer" was lip-synching it all. Excuses such as the sequences required too much physical exertion to sing in tune with the album version or even a sickness may fly with audiences, but when this little girl was ousted do to her appearance is ludricrous. That beautiful voice didn't belong to her.

If you paid exorbitant amounts of money to see these opening ceremonies you don't go in expecting to see a non-live performance.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it's silly that they did it, and too bad for the little girl who didn't get to be on television, but honestly, it doesn't mean jack *********** grand scheme of things.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
too bad for the little girl who didn't get to be on television

On the bright side, she is now all over the Internet as "the ugly, pudgy girl with crooked teeth who did the singing."

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
On the bright side, she is now all over the Internet as "the ugly, pudgy girl with crooked teeth who did the singing."

She's lucky she is little. Her parents will probably get her braces and she will grow out of the pudgy phase so when she is older she won't feel so bad about it. It would have been a lot worse if she was in her teens and this happened.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean, it's not really surprising that China decided to start counterfeiting children.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
(fyi - the one on the right with the double eyelids and the perfect facial symmetry is the cute one -- the one on the left is the talented singer who wasn't blessed with the natural beauty but appears to have a healthy appetite.)

I honestly thought of you and your natural Asian beauty fetish when I read this story yesterday.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be more surprised if none of this was going on. Afterall, we're talking about China here--the land of fake LVs and DVDs.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
I honestly thought of you and your natural Asian beauty fetish when I read this story yesterday.
laugh.gif
this story hit me square between the eyes! It affected me more than it probably should have... but I was like YES there are others who value the pure beauty as much as I do! YES!
laugh.gif

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This story kind of sucks and is sad.

What I don't understand is the corresponding "CGI footprints fireworks" story. It looked exactly like CGI the moment I saw it on TV, I presumed it was such, even though Schlob Costas didn't say so outright. How can people be blind?

TUspiv

Reaction score
This doesn't really surprise me to be honest. I read that the aerial shot of the fireworks during the opening ceremony was fake as well.

Brian SD

Reaction score
When someone offers you something you don't want you make an X with your forearms. Basically means "no." Used all over Asia.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads