• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique my style please!

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Styleforum has a much more conservative and classic approach to style and Superfuture (or SuFu for short) would sync with your style more.

Now I know everyone will tell you AA/Nudies or APCS/Chucks but I think that you already have a feel for what you like and I think you should look around. You might like New Dandyism, there seem to be a lot of cool pieces you might like. Especially with brands like You Must Create or YMC. Plus you get a discount for Styleforum. Look at the top and you can see multiple links to similar websites that are affiliates and each of these websites have threads here and offer discounts.

Check them our and see what you like.

sheeptoken

Reaction score
I came from a public school... I entered Catholic High School for the better education. I actually know ghetto kids. Im also not searching for the baggy clothes im going to rob your house type of look, something more civilized. I didnt mean ghetto lol.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it matters what kind of urban look. i think hes more wanting the urban "hipster" type look with the bandana and tighter clothes like a lot of the urban look is now rather than the 50 cent urban look.

sheeptoken

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Styleforum has a much more conservative and classic approach to style and Superfuture (or SuFu for short) would sync with your style more.

Now I know everyone will tell you AA/Nudies or APCS/Chucks but I think that you already have a feel for what you like and I think you should look around. You might like New Dandyism, there seem to be a lot of cool pieces you might like. Especially with brands like You Must Create or YMC. Plus you get a discount for Styleforum. Look at the top and you can see multiple links to similar websites that are affiliates and each of these websites have threads here and offer discounts.

Check them our and see what you like.

Thanks for the tip! I will check it out as soon as possible.

sheeptoken

Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
it matters what kind of urban look. i think hes more wanting the urban "hipster" type look with the bandana and tighter clothes like a lot of the urban look is now rather than the 50 cent urban look.

Yes, Im in the process of looking for clothes with a better fit. The clothes Im wearing in the picture are too big and need to be subbed out if Im going to wear a bandana. Thank you for clarifying the urban look a little more for me!

FiveFiveFive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sheeptoken
lol about the fits, Ive already heard theyre too big and Im going to look for better fitting clothes. As I said earlier, I will post more fits soon as I remember having clothes that fit well.

I think you'd like brands such as Wood Wood, WESC, YMC and maybe Nudie. Some of the Wood Wood khakis are slim but have a pretty "street" fit. I don't know if that makes sense, but take a look at the Wood Wood Web site.

http://www.woodwood.dk/WW.htm

If you click the "Look" section, the first picture in the third row shows the kind of khakis I'm talking about.

BTW, New Dandyism (one of the Style Forum affiliates you can find on top of this page) carries Wood Wood and YMC. Definitely check those out.

sheeptoken

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FiveFiveFive
I think you'd like brands such as Wood Wood, WESC, YMC and maybe Nudie. Some of the Wood Wood khakis are slim but have a pretty "street" fit. I don't know if that makes sense, but take a look at the Wood Wood Web site.

http://www.woodwood.dk/WW.htm

If you click the "Look" section, the first picture in the third row shows the kind of khakis I'm talking about.

BTW, New Dandyism (one of the Style Forum affiliates you can find on top of this page) carries Wood Wood and YMC. Definitely check those out.

I'm looking right now. They look pretty nice at first glance. I will dive into it more tomorrow, I'm getting tired. Thanks for the info! I will make good use of it.

metkirk

Reaction score
I think someone as young as you are shouldn't have to worry about what fits and what not. Go with whatever you feel comfortable with.

LooseChange

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark C.
You look like the nicest guy on earth's little brother.
Woah, that's like a compliment to me! Guys, meet my younger cousin! Haha, I don't even know how he found this site though. Thanks guys for all the input, he never believed me before...
laugh.gif

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
The fact that you go to a private Catholic school and your general appearance means you do not fit the "urban type look". So don't try it. Those who grew up in such areas will not accept you and those who didn't grow up in such areas tend to regret their decisions once they reach their 20's. Give it up early while you can still chalk it up to a youthful mistake.

This is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. That's like if I told you you can't wear RRL because you don't live on a ranch or because you don't work for a welding company.

What stereotypical claims...

Musselma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LooseChange
Woah, that's like a compliment to me! Guys, meet my younger cousin! Haha, I don't even know how he found this site though. Thanks guys for all the input, he never believed me before...
laugh.gif

Wow, are you serious? I'm pretty sure someone asked if he was related to you in the WAYWT thread \t
laugh.gif
Yep here it is!
Originally Posted by PG2G
Are you LooseChange's little brother?

seamless74

Reaction score
that style or outfit or whatever reminds me of a car accident with multiple fatalities... youth is no excuse...

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sheeptoken
What's this about?

Probably in the same vein as my complimenting your taste in cookies on the first page, a vague joke/sarcasm. Or, maybe, the man truly is an afficionado.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads