• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive styleforum Community Map?

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
Hence why I stuck my pin in a random spot outside of Delaplane close to my home, rather than my actual home. Not that I don't trust SF; it's the rest of the internet that I don't trust.
Ok, I just added myself by zip-code. I'm sure people will be able to figure out who I am.
Originally Posted by Willsw
I put my address up, then realized if I had found me and seen my address I would have sent me a letter. So I took it off. I don't know why. I am worried you'll interpret my trusting address-posting as untrustworthy behavior. Next time I'm in DC, we should go to Tryst, or you should go and I should trustingly watch you from across the room. I'm not sure what this means.
This is why this is creepy.
tounge.gif
What's Tryst? I've never been.

Willsw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
This is why this is creepy.
tounge.gif
What's Tryst? I've never been.

It's on 18th St, the same guy owns it who has The Diner and Open City. Next to Madam's Organ, you can probably see Perry's from the door. It's the only place to sit with a coffee for a while later at night, so I frequent it during my visits.

Creepy is a nice word, I use it a lot. Is it creepy that I know what you look like and wear because of pictures you show us? Or that I could relate to you your own brunch story? These internet communities can become surprisingly intimate.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's on 18th St, the same guy owns it who has The Diner and Open City. Next to Madam's Organ, you can probably see Perry's from the door. It's the only place to sit with a coffee for a while later at night, so I frequent it during my visits.

Creepy is a nice word, I use it a lot. Is it creepy that I know what you look like and wear because of pictures you show us? Or that I could relate to you your own brunch story? These internet communities can become surprisingly intimate.

Aaah ok, now I know what you're talking about. I swear, Adams Morgan looks completely different at night, which is the only time I'm ever there, not that I'm there too often.

And, I'd call internet intimacy anonymous intimacy. The people here only know what you allow them to know, which is sometimes more than enough.

Also, I really like the work on your blog.

Willsw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
Aaah ok, now I know what you're talking about. I swear, Adams Morgan looks completely different at night, which is the only time I'm ever there, not that I'm there too often.

And, I'd call internet intimacy anonymous intimacy. The people here only know what you allow them to know, which is sometimes more than enough.

Also, I really like the work on your blog.

Adams Morgan is where I live, so I go for convenience. Walking home at 2am makes me realize what assholes men in DC are. Teaism on R street or Soho Coffee are preferable, when a longer walk is acceptable. Thanks about the work, I'm having a little show at DCAC (across the street from the Diner) in September. If ever your address is revealed, I'll send you a postcard.

It's anonymous intimacy as much as physical life, you only allow anyone to know what you want them to know. Information can be gleaned from casual posts as easily as from casual conversation. Inconsequential intimacy. Alliteration and multi-syllable words are neat. And then there are those who like to meet up, like that love fest in Philly (if that was even in Philly) recently. This is like a big, indirect online personal, strictly platonic.

So it's good that we know where we all live.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Adams Morgan is where I live, so I go for convenience. Walking home at 2am makes me realize what assholes men in DC are. Teaism on R street or Soho Coffee are preferable, when a longer walk is acceptable. Thanks about the work, I'm having a little show at DCAC (across the street from the Diner) in September. If ever your address is revealed, I'll send you a postcard.

It's anonymous intimacy as much as physical life, you only allow anyone to know what you want them to know. Information can be gleaned from casual posts as easily as from casual conversation. Inconsequential intimacy. Alliteration and multi-syllable words are neat. And then there are those who like to meet up, like that love fest in Philly (if that was even in Philly) recently. This is like a big, indirect online personal, strictly platonic.

So it's good that we know where we all live.

I still believe the internet is limiting with regards to what people are willing to do or say. I think more is at risk in real life, which is why I think these forums are freeing, because what we do or say here is inconsequential.

I could go on because its an interesting subject, but, my hair hurts.

Also, I would love to visit your show in Sept, considering I won't be in NY then.
frown.gif

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I added myself under my zip code. If I put my address you might drop by and see how I really dress
smile.gif

However, if anyone is in Phoenix or visits, feel free to PM me.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i can't put myself down on there there's a few bubbles blocking my way

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HKG as in Hong Kong Island? In that case I don't quite qualify, I'm Lantau baby

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been a while - lots of new faces - I thought I'd bump this thing

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics