1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Definitive styleforum Community Map?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gdl203, Apr 23, 2007.

1. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

Hence why I stuck my pin in a random spot outside of Delaplane close to my home, rather than my actual home. Not that I don't trust SF; it's the rest of the internet that I don't trust.
    Ok, I just added myself by zip-code. I'm sure people will be able to figure out who I am.
    I put my address up, then realized if I had found me and seen my address I would have sent me a letter. So I took it off. I don't know why. I am worried you'll interpret my trusting address-posting as untrustworthy behavior. Next time I'm in DC, we should go to Tryst, or you should go and I should trustingly watch you from across the room. I'm not sure what this means.
    This is why this is creepy. [​IMG] What's Tryst? I've never been.

2. Willsw

Willsw Senior member

This is why this is creepy. [​IMG] What's Tryst? I've never been.

It's on 18th St, the same guy owns it who has The Diner and Open City. Next to Madam's Organ, you can probably see Perry's from the door. It's the only place to sit with a coffee for a while later at night, so I frequent it during my visits.

Creepy is a nice word, I use it a lot. Is it creepy that I know what you look like and wear because of pictures you show us? Or that I could relate to you your own brunch story? These internet communities can become surprisingly intimate.

3. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

It's on 18th St, the same guy owns it who has The Diner and Open City. Next to Madam's Organ, you can probably see Perry's from the door. It's the only place to sit with a coffee for a while later at night, so I frequent it during my visits.

Creepy is a nice word, I use it a lot. Is it creepy that I know what you look like and wear because of pictures you show us? Or that I could relate to you your own brunch story? These internet communities can become surprisingly intimate.

Aaah ok, now I know what you're talking about. I swear, Adams Morgan looks completely different at night, which is the only time I'm ever there, not that I'm there too often.

And, I'd call internet intimacy anonymous intimacy. The people here only know what you allow them to know, which is sometimes more than enough.

Also, I really like the work on your blog.

4. Willsw

Willsw Senior member

Aaah ok, now I know what you're talking about. I swear, Adams Morgan looks completely different at night, which is the only time I'm ever there, not that I'm there too often.

And, I'd call internet intimacy anonymous intimacy. The people here only know what you allow them to know, which is sometimes more than enough.

Also, I really like the work on your blog.

Adams Morgan is where I live, so I go for convenience. Walking home at 2am makes me realize what assholes men in DC are. Teaism on R street or Soho Coffee are preferable, when a longer walk is acceptable. Thanks about the work, I'm having a little show at DCAC (across the street from the Diner) in September. If ever your address is revealed, I'll send you a postcard.

It's anonymous intimacy as much as physical life, you only allow anyone to know what you want them to know. Information can be gleaned from casual posts as easily as from casual conversation. Inconsequential intimacy. Alliteration and multi-syllable words are neat. And then there are those who like to meet up, like that love fest in Philly (if that was even in Philly) recently. This is like a big, indirect online personal, strictly platonic.

So it's good that we know where we all live.

5. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

Adams Morgan is where I live, so I go for convenience. Walking home at 2am makes me realize what assholes men in DC are. Teaism on R street or Soho Coffee are preferable, when a longer walk is acceptable. Thanks about the work, I'm having a little show at DCAC (across the street from the Diner) in September. If ever your address is revealed, I'll send you a postcard.

It's anonymous intimacy as much as physical life, you only allow anyone to know what you want them to know. Information can be gleaned from casual posts as easily as from casual conversation. Inconsequential intimacy. Alliteration and multi-syllable words are neat. And then there are those who like to meet up, like that love fest in Philly (if that was even in Philly) recently. This is like a big, indirect online personal, strictly platonic.

So it's good that we know where we all live.

I still believe the internet is limiting with regards to what people are willing to do or say. I think more is at risk in real life, which is why I think these forums are freeing, because what we do or say here is inconsequential.

I could go on because its an interesting subject, but, my hair hurts.

Also, I would love to visit your show in Sept, considering I won't be in NY then. [​IMG]

6. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

I added myself under my zip code. If I put my address you might drop by and see how I really dress[​IMG]

However, if anyone is in Phoenix or visits, feel free to PM me.

7. Dandy Highwayman

Dandy Highwayman Well-Known Member

I'm in Britain, all on my lonesome.

8. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

9. playdohh22

playdohh22 Senior member

Just added !

I'm suprised not many are from NYC.

10. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Senior member

i can't put myself down on there there's a few bubbles blocking my way

11. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

Added! no one from HKG yet!

12. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Senior member

HKG as in Hong Kong Island? In that case I don't quite qualify, I'm Lantau baby

13. jhao

jhao Senior member

listo, I'm the only one from MÃ[​IMG]xico.

14. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

Bump... updated new residence

15. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It's been a while - lots of new faces - I thought I'd bump this thing

16. adversity04

adversity04 Senior member

Added this time around...good thing I'm moving in a couple months.

17. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

added both locations.

18. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

First one in Denver...it's no wonder...if you're interested in style why the hell woudl you be here.

19. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Bumping this again for new members

20. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Senior member