• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GB vs NYG

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The g-men definitely have the ability to beat the packers. GB has a very young team, and the concern would be that the relative ease of last weeks victory will lead to overconfidence this week.

If I weren't moving this weekend I would be at the game, on the 45. sigh.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it will come down to the Giants D again, as in Dallas game.
If the front 4 can get pressure like the 4th Q of Dallas game, then Giants have a great chance. Of course, my pick is G-man all the way!!!!

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by underwearer
The fact that he has stats for more than one playoff game should say something. This is his 3rd year as a starter and he's 1-2 in the playoffs. Not bad really.

I was talking about Peyton.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
I was talking about Peyton.

Oh yeah I thinks he's won 7 playoff games including a superbowl...yeah he sucks. His stats are horrible too, worst qb ever.

edit: I just want to clarify that I'm not arguing he has good stats in playoff games, I'm just saying that those kinds of things are meaningless. Bottom line is he has won 7 out of 14 playoff games and 1 superbowl and if you ask 100 QB's what would they rather have: a perfect passer rating in a superbowl and a loss, or the worst passer rating of all time and a win and I know what they would prefer. You can't wear a stat on your finger.

Whats the saying, Offenses win games, defenses win championships is rather apropos.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by underwearer
Oh yeah I thinks he's won 7 playoff games including a superbowl...yeah he sucks. His stats are horrible too, worst qb ever.

edit: I just want to clarify that I'm not arguing he has good stats in playoff games, I'm just saying that those kinds of things are meaningless. Bottom line is he has won 7 out of 14 playoff games and 1 superbowl and if you ask 100 QB's what would they rather have: a perfect passer rating in a superbowl and a loss, or the worst passer rating of all time and a win and I know what they would prefer. You can't wear a stat on your finger.

Whats the saying, Offenses win games, defenses win championships is rather apropos.

My only point was that Manning is a different player in the post season than the regular season. Apparently, you don't disagree. Personally, I feel like the measure of greatness for a star athlete is how he ups his game in the postseason.... But that's just my opinion.

Th first time I actually developed any respect for Manning whatsoever was after the AFCCG last year.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No contest.
Pack by 11.

And, as mentioned above, Favre will be wearing a huge grin the entire game.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
High +3, Low -8. Wind Chill currently -30.

And flurries for tomorrow...

NY fans- sure the G-men are up for that?

However, Dallas thought they were the better team going in and got their asses handed to them.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From a Packers fan on the Rennlist (Porsche) forum:

Our Favre,
Who art in Lambeau,
Hallowed be thine arm.
The bowl will come,
It will be won.
In Glendale as it is in Lambeau.
And give us this Sunday,
Our NFC Championship win.
And give us many touchdown passes.
But do not let others pass against us.
Lead us not into frustration,
But deliver us to Arizona.
For thine is the MVP, the best of the NFC,
and the glory of the Cheeseheads,
now and forever.

pantheist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
High +3, Low -8. Wind Chill currently -30.

And flurries for tomorrow...

NY fans- sure the G-men are up for that?

However, Dallas thought they were the better team going in and got their asses handed to them.

looking good for green bay
smile.gif

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrpologuy
Neither has a chance to beat the Pats, so it really doesn't matter.

+1 but I do hope that today is the coldest day for a game ever. The suffering in the cold makes it all the more interesting.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JordanDehoy