• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Handsome man, nii.

Originally Posted by Chico2007
Awesome.(some may quest the tie+jeans combo or are those khakis?) Downloaded to my ''fitstoemulate'' folder.

Khakis.

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
i think it looks great.
525c354b.jpg

A Civic? Let's not go too far. At least it's a hybrid. Nice fit, Nii.
Originally Posted by ctp120
laugh.gif
I'm brand new to this taking and posting pics business, and I've definitely got some work to do to figure out how to make it look more natural. I have a DSLR with a self-timer, but no tripod. Therefore, I've found exactly one option for camera position so far, and as for posing, I had no idea it would be so awkward!

Most of my poses involve me looking like some kind of raging bull, so, compared to me, ** position is a definite step up! Actually, ** position is a step up compared to pretty much anything, really.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep

That suit is badass, and the combo up top is really strong. I love the shoes, but not with this fit.

I would have worn brown and tan specs today, but it is just too early for that. The suit, I can get away with since it is tan and people have already busted out the tan poplin down here...but Spectators (which look awesome with this), say summer to me.

Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
Agreed on both MBs suit, and the weather.

smile.gif

Originally Posted by sugarbutch
I was going to break out my spring suit today (even though I'm actually headed out for a weekend-long race at Sears Point), but now I won't bother.
worship.gif

Oh, come on. Get in the sandbox, SB.

Originally Posted by JKMWCL

Mike - Very nice fit (minus the CT haha)

lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by in stitches

sorry i meant to multi qoute mike and acrid. both of yall are looking sharp and springy

mike -nice suit

Thanks.

Originally Posted by NOBD
Ssspring

HArxv.jpg

The uniform looks great today.

Originally Posted by Orgetorix

MBreinin, the suit is nice and I love the lapels. However, for some reason I can't put my finger on, it makes you look somewhat more barrel-shaped than many of your others. Maybe it's the shoulders; I'm not sure. I can see that it's not baggy at all in the waist. I've found the same inexplicable effect with some of my suits that fit well but still make me look heavier. It's frustrating.

Well, it is light colored and it has wide peaked lapels. Those too elements are going to naturally give it a wider appearance. To be quite frank, I am done worrying about looking blocky, boxy or like a barrel. I am what I am, and as long as I am wearing clothes that fit, I am done sweating it.

Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Well, you aren't going to listen to those guys are you????
smile.gif

I would leave it alone only because I'm not sure if you can successfully add cuffs. But if you do get any new pants I would suggest you consider it unless it is a trim casual pant.

Oh, I cuff most everything. These have plenty of room to cuff, if I so choose.

well hello there ...
525c354b.jpg

14c14629.jpg

lol8[1].gif
Great minds and all that.......

Mike

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
110325010.jpg

-Now that's a collar role. Lovin the curved patch pockets. It'd be interesting to see a comparison of your first and second pieces.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Spring1.JPG

^Nice, Mike. I'm jealous of your weather. I kind of think a crisp white shirt would have made this spectacular but I do like the shirt you chose.

Originally Posted by ctp120

DSC_0857.jpg

Nice, but I agree your coats looks short.

Originally Posted by NOBD

HArxv.jpg

^Please send me that tie.

525c354b.jpg

^all good!

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Well, it is light colored and it has wide peaked lapels. Those too elements are going to naturally give it a wider appearance. To be quite frank, I am done worrying about looking blocky, boxy or like a barrel. I am what I am, and as long as I am wearing clothes that fit, I am done sweating it.

I absolutely understand. The suit is still very, very nice.

You, NOBD, and Nii are really bringing the Spring heat! My fit is in my computer at home, so it'll have to wait to be posted until I get home from work.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[
PandA, no offense, but that tie is former-Threadbearer material. It looks like something off a TJ Maxx clearance rack.

Just a simple "I don't like your tie" would have sufficed
sarcasm.gif

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
Nice, Mike. I'm jealous of your weather. I kind of think a crisp white shirt would have made this spectacular but I do like the shirt you chose.

It will be around 80 today. Spring and Fall are by far the nicest seasons here..and too short.

I considered a white shirt, because I have a nice sky blue silk knit tie that looks great with this. In all sincerity, I need some new white shirts. I have been slowly upgrading my shirts and have not managed this one essential yet.

I absolutely understand. The suit is still very, very nice.

You, NOBD, and Nii are really bringing the Spring heat! My fit is in my computer at home, so it'll have to wait to be posted until I get home from work.

Thanks, man. Of course, my camera adds like 30 pounds as well.
lol8[1].gif

I am looking forward to your fit!

Mike

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Not the most fashionable, but perfectly acceptable. Is it the fading that makes them "dad" jeans? It can't be the rise, which is far from unacceptable. The straight leg?

He looks like a man wearing jeans. Rock on, Spoo.

I am far from an expert, but I prefer a darker wash, and it may just be the way he is standing, but they look a little full in the leg.

JKMWCL

Reaction score
NOBD & Nii - knocked it out of the park fellas! Well done.

ThinWhiteDuke Not feeling that jacket or the PS here. I like the rest of the 'fit very much...although, I wonder how well the shirt pattern flows into the pant pattern...

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
I am far from an expert, but I prefer a darker wash, and it may just be the way he is standing, but they look a little full in the leg.

lighter washed jeans are not bad. they provide a contrast especially with navy or gray jackets. its just that it is easier to screw up with lighter wash jeans than with the dark washes.

still hunting for my go-to light wash jeans.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The morning mist burnt through to a nice spring day:

20110325_main.jpg

20110325_detail.jpg

20110325_shoes.jpg

LilacCords

Reaction score
SPRING CHALLENGE

PURPLE1-1.jpg

Have a great weekend.....