• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Yes!!!! Finally the bar is raised. Fred just posted what could arguably be his best fit ever ... which i thought was the aim of the challenge.

A lot of the fits posted are average - not average as in bad (well, there are some bad ones ... lol) ... but just what you would expect from people - and in many cases, we've seen them in better fits. I think Mike and Orgetorix were the ones who came close to topping the best I've seen from them.

Fred simply crushed it.

[flame suit on]

ps - Fred, who are the scoundrels in the background? lol.

Thanks very much Nii. I am putting in a new kitchen. The scoundrels (friends)are hanging a light that I designed. Pictures to follow. Maybe if I am lucky later today.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chico2007
The 'sechs/****' comment was just goofing.(thought it was obvious)
The Nautica/KC stuff I know gets little love and I too expected snarks. However, That's why I wrote "poor man's version".
Thanks for review of fit. Collar is outta whack. Gonna go sans tie or try diff shirt. Will post pics if I change.
Will leave creepy sechs jokes out of future posts.

biggrin.gif
all good my man

Chico2007

Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
the jacket seems a bit large and grey pants and jacket that arent a suit is odd. you need to provide some contrast between the sc and the trousers. cheers, sorry if that was a bit harsh

Not harsh at all.

The suit/pant contrast I was unsure of too until spoo posted this fit the other day
2eksy1e.jpg

Maybe mine still off a bit.
SC certainly needs some work.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix
The Gold Standard (note buckles on shoes):

with fear of retribution again i will say the jacket and pants look baggy to me. but hey i guess thats your style and thats more than cool by me. i do like the look though, a deviation of your standard that ive seen, casual friday huh?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by J. Cogburn
NlwK6h.jpg

Honestly, I think this is excellent, and deserves praise.. It clearly fits nicely and the colours are strong but co-ordinated well. I know a lot of people dislike built-up shoulders, but I just can't see why they get disliked so much when there are such good examples of it, like this. A good military-inspired suit; nice one!
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Love me, hate me, take me or leave me, this is me doing me.
Seems we chose fairly similar looks today. What does that say about us, I wonder...
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by aeglus
Guess this is pretty close to me when I feel like suiting up (was mostly taking pics to check proportions on this suit and happy it's warm enough to even think of wearing it).
Dig this DB a lot. Nice fit and proportions to my eye.
Originally Posted by acridsheep
as_318_nevergonnawin.jpg
[/SPOILER]

You have quite "movie government agent" vibe to some of your looks, enough so that the top right image was some sort of 50s secret dog experiment...
smile.gif
Originally Posted by Fred49
Fred18-002-copy.jpg
Great tie Fred; works nicely with that suit & square.
Originally Posted by Chico2007
Lack of critique on my fit has me a little self conscious(no troll).
confused.gif
Yes, I know it's only been an hour 30mins since I put it up.

Not sure there's all that much to say. The look is OK, but there's nothing particularly outstanding to praise, or egregious enough to damn. It's just a moderately-fitting, moderately-coordinated, passable outfit. It feels flat and lifeless at the moment. Of course, that last sentence acquires a whole new light if read in conjunction with your intended plans for the night!
smile.gif
Yes!!!! Finally the bar is raised. Fred just posted what could arguably be his best fit ever ... which i thought was the aim of the challenge.
To be honest, I found that element of the challenge description odd, and contradictory to the rest of it. Surely every day is about wearing something that we think looks good. The idea of a day when we're meant to try harder than usual on that score seemed like a real nonsense to me. So instead, I felt it was much more logical to focus on the other half of the description (the Gold Standard bit, rather than the Raise the Bar bit), and interpret it as showing an outfit I feel summarises my personal standard look, when done well. Raising the Bar would necessarily require experimentation outside our usual range, and therefore is contradictory to displaying our personal Gold Standard. I think others probably interpreted the theme similarly, which accounts for a lot of what you're seeing in terms of us showing our expected looks, albeit executed crisply.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A lot of the fits posted are average - not average as in bad (well, there are some bad ones ... lol) ... but just what you would expect from people - and in many cases, we've seen them in better fits. I think Mike and Orgetorix were the ones who came close to topping the best I've seen from them.

Well, Nii, for the record the Challenge was designed specifically to elevate WAYWRN for a day by posting your best fit. In my case, I chose a known commodity as my best because it has been widely praised in the past and it has not been in a challenge as of yet. I don't think the intention was to post something necessarily new (as a new fit might look good to the wearer, but be a boatload full of fail to the forum), just your best. I agree that Fred did an excellent job here, but so have several others.

Just sayin. (
lol8[1].gif
).

Mike

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thin White Duke
In lieu of a long-awaited but never materialising seersucker challenge, here's my entry for the Friday 'Gold Standard' challenge:

1z3mbn7.jpg

4sbggm.jpg

2vwzspi.jpg

sobako.jpg

I don't know where you are, but it is not Seersucker weather just yet...not even in NOLA. I am sure there will be a Seersucker/Summer Suit challenge down the road.

Mike

JKMWCL

Reaction score
with fear of retribution again i will say the jacket and pants look baggy to me. but hey i guess thats your style and thats more than cool by me. i do like the look though, a deviation of your standard that ive seen, casual friday huh?

No man, you hit it on the head. It really is all wrong ...baggy jacket, baggy pants highlighted by tiny little shoes and the ps comes out of nowhere....OD/OT has MUCH better fits than this that, even with his loose fitting style, come across well put together and, I assume, fit his personality and taste. This is just not one of them.
confused.gif

Fred, on the other hand, KILLED it! Bravo and good luck with the kitchen upgrade.

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Vacuum seems nice.
confused.gif

Originally Posted by barims
^ Like it? PM me

^I think Navi needs it more - please PM him for his address.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
sSe3i.jpg

^I really like this HF. Great fit, nice colors and patterns. Definitely in line with some of your better looks.

Originally Posted by aeglus
tumblr_li99vmgmmN1qcq3ab

^looks like there may be an issue with the button placement, but otherwise great look and nice fit.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Love me, hate me, take me or leave me, this is me doing me.
*also debuting a new suit
biggrin.gif

2b320f51.jpg

^Nice, Spoo. Love the fit and deceivingly subdued palate. Also, the cuffs are
thumbs-up.gif

Originally Posted by acridsheep

as_318_nevergonnawin.jpg

^AS - the color palate is similar to what I'd consider my gold standard - charcoal suit, white shirt, navy tie, but I think the fit needs a little work. Maybe a little less break and slim the trouser leg slightly below the knee and then a tad more shape in the waist of the coat (it actually looks like it may be one size too big?)

Originally Posted by MBreinin
BarChallenge2.JPG

^This suit is great every time you post- buttons seem a lil close together but that's more of a nit and probably something that'd go unnoticed by 99% IRL.

in stitches overall fit of suit is pretty good. looks like its a little roomy in the chest, but otherwise pretty clean. Sleeve length looks fine to me, but I don't like a too short sleeve and maybe a little less break in the trous, but kind of hard to tell.

Originally Posted by Fred49
Fred18-002.jpg

^Damn Fred - I love that suit and tie combo!

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Not sure there's all that much to say. The look is OK, but there's nothing particularly outstanding to praise, or egregious enough to damn. It's just a moderately-fitting, moderately-coordinated, passable outfit. It feels flat and lifeless at the moment. Of course, that last sentence acquires a whole new light if read in conjunction with your intended plans for the night!
smile.gif

+1 - agree with this statement. It also made me lol.

Originally Posted by Thin White Duke
1z3mbn7.jpg

^TWD - I feel like many of the fits you post (particularly the coats) could use a little more shape in the waist/body. You appear to have a long torso and without shape in the coat they just appear boxy and kind of hang there lifeless. By way of example, it appears Spoo has a long torso, but the way his coats are tailored and nipped at the waist really help downplay that length (if that makes any sense). Just my .02.

D Yizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
[/spoiler]

I don't know where you are, but it is not Seersucker weather just yet...not even in NOLA. I am sure there will be a Seersucker/Summer Suit challenge down the road.

Mike

*Looks outside* Blue sky, shiny sun. *Looks at thermometer* 82F........
biggrin.gif

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ NDW:

I appreciate the feedback and I think it's warranted. I will stick to my preference for hard three button jackets but I have had a few to the tailors for nipping at the waist (not this one ... yet!) and they usually come back better for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members