• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
@Mike: no one would think twice about the sheen here in Cali. I like how the somber tones of the shirt & tie ground the suit. Excellent choice.

Thanks, Pete.

Originally Posted by upr_crust
My happiness will have to be postponed until this evening - my employer's web filter has blocked your .jpegs! Harumph, harumph . . .

lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by PandArts
Subtle and elegant. I really like the tie/shoe interplay!

Thank you sir.

Originally Posted by IrateCustomer
Finally throwing my business up in here. I'm currently re-tooling my wardrobe...on a budget. So I've yet to get my suit jackets fitted since losing 25lbs. Right now I'm really looking at color combinations that I wouldn't normally go for. More lay people shoot for the matchy-matchy combinations and I've been no different. So I'm looking for feedback on this combination. Also, until I get the three pairs of shoes I've ordered, there will be no need to show what I'm currently wearing to cover up the pigs.

Also, part of the re-tooling process will include PS purchases very soon. This combination screams for one. Thanks in advance gents and apologies for the lack of studio photo quality.

2s9ubvc.jpg

The tie is your biggest problem here. Way too busy, way too light. Dark tie, close to solid..maybe a little pattern, and this would be vastly improved.

Originally Posted by acridsheep
I love The Sheen. And your fit. The combo is bi-winning.

Winning!!! Just call me Charlie Sheen today.
rimshot.gif

lol8[1].gif
, Thanks, man.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Mike - you have significantly upped your suit game ... leaving your shoe game in the dust. Thats an area to probably work on.

I won't argue. Most of my shoes are more of the classic American style that were purchased with the intention of going with my former obsession with Ralph Lauren. With my new move towards Italian stuff, they are lagging behind. Improving this is on the list.

Originally Posted by Holdfast

Excellent. Really like this. I wonder what you have in store for us on Friday, because I'd have said this is pretty feels much your style to me, done optimally.

Thanks, HF. I have worn this suit before, in your Nature Challenge to be precise, and the crickets were out in force. If I knew it would be received so well today, I may have saved it for Friday. As is, Friday will see the return of a favorite for what may be the last hurrah of the season.....

Mike

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
DSC01845.jpg
DSC01847.jpg

I like it.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Casual today... the white jumper is one of my favourites:

3oYJc.jpg

Apologies for the somewhat dodgy pose...
smile.gif

Slightly more tapered jeans would be better with the shoes, and they're a bit long - maybe cuffing them would work?
This is my newest suit by Ben Sherman. It's their King's Fit in 36R so not as slim fitting as my H&M suits but still with nice structure and silhouette. It's also a wool/linen blend as opposed to the polyblends
confused.gif
of my other suits. I'm still getting used to the way it wears, especially the slightly wider legs in the trou but I think I'd buy more of these.

Here's a slightly better overall shot:
2011-03-16-11-14-05-157.jpg
[/SPOILER]

teacha.gif

Looks promising.

Originally Posted by barims
Lifestyle shots - here be carousing and troubleseeking:

vq08cn.jpg
foppgk.jpg
be5u2o.jpg
Good to see you posting. That shirt is definitely making a statement
smile.gif

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
bbadb263.jpg
852e1fa7.jpg
b05f7ce8.jpg
3e8b7db0.jpg

Mos def
Originally Posted by MBreinin
ManOfSteel1.JPG
ManOfSteel2.JPG
ManOfSteel3.JPG
[/SPOILER]

Love it!
Originally Posted by someotherstyle
az8Qkl.jpg
FHK6Kl.jpg
qXPe9l.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Good look, SOS. Does anyone else think the vest should be a bit more form-fitting, though?
Pete-Campbell_031611_01.jpg
Pete-Campbell_031611_02.jpg
Pete-Campbell_031611_03.jpg
[/SPOILER]

The jacket does seem to be more generously cut (calling it baggy would be an exaggeration) than your other suits. Not bad, but if you've got the trim figure, why not take advantage of it? I know I would...
Originally Posted by Requiem
026-1.jpg
008-1.jpg
[/SPOILER]

+1 on the request for the full-length
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
DSCF7327.jpg
DSCF7329.jpg
th_DSCF7333.jpg
th_DSCF7335.jpg
th_DSCF6778.jpg
The thrift stores here seem to be overfished lately. That, or the game wardens haven't been restocking the pond. I haven't had a good find in a few months. Oh, good look today.
Originally Posted by IrateCustomer
2s9ubvc.jpg
+1 on too busy tie/shirt combo
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
DSC01845.jpg
DSC01847.jpg
The subdued palette of your fits requires better photography, Ob5cur1ty. It's hard to get a feel for the subtleties of what you're doing (which I suspect are pretty nice). Outdoor pics, maybe?
Originally Posted by barims
be5u2o.jpg
Don't love the shirt, but love the vibe. Cheers! *** As I was taking the close-up, I realized that the scale of the PS and tie patterns was a bit too similar, but the boy was already late for school, so...
20110316_1.jpg
20110316_2.jpg

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Looks promising.

Cheers!

Originally Posted by sugarbutch
The jacket does seem to be more generously cut (calling it baggy would be an exaggeration) than your other suits. Not bad, but if you've got the trim figure, why not take advantage of it? I know I would...

Yeah it is a bit fuller but not by much. I'm toying with the idea of having it shaped just a bit. I love a nice slim fit but also like to have the option of fuller cut as well.

Originally Posted by sugarbutch
20110316_2.jpg

Not sure about the tie/ps combo...patterns seem to clash a bit. I might have gone with a solid tie if keeping the ps or a solid ps if going with the tie.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
ManOfSteel1.JPG

ManOfSteel2.JPG

Really, really nice MB. Everything just yells out "quality."

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by someotherstyle
az8Qkl.jpg

FHK6Kl.jpg

qXPe9l.jpg

Great stuff. Is that a new suit for you? It's like the cusp of Winter and Spring.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
C
Tonight:

IMG_4211.jpg

Another TTO:
IMG_4219.jpg

Are you telling us that you went from a daytime 3-piece to a nighttime 3-piece in the course of one day?
worship.gif

CaymanS

Reaction score
Cross-post from DB thread, and first WAYWRN...

On the hanger:

2zz3jv4.jpg

Full monty...snapped in my associate's office (by my associate, bless his heart):

29d9u7b.jpg

Chest detail (pardon the rumpled sleeves, I just removed my topcoat, which has a slimmish sleeve):

1zfqujk.jpg

Shoes:

9vayid.jpg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks like a blue tie with a navy suit? If so, select a tie with a classic color combination that compliments navy such as burgundy with some other colors in it like blues and whites, maybe gold or tans.

CaymanS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Looks like a blue tie with a navy suit? If so, select a tie with a classic color combination that compliments navy such as burgundy with some other colors in it like blues and whites, maybe gold or tans.

Thanks for the input. As is probably readily apparent based on these pics and pics I've posted in other threads, I wear a solid navy tie with basically everything. I have a few, and love them more than any other ties I own. I've experimented with several different colors and patterns, but this remains my go-to. Just a personal quirk, I guess.

CaymanS

Reaction score
A solid navy tie done really well - I've seen other pics of Agnelli doing solid navy suit/solid navy tie, but can't seem to readily find them. Not comparing myself to the master (obv,) just putting that out there, and obviously totally understand why some people don't like it. Again, it's all personal preference.

4wa4jkj

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CaymanS
Full monty...snapped in my associate's office (by my associate, bless his heart):

29d9u7b.jpg

Chest detail (pardon the rumpled sleeves, I just removed my topcoat, which has a slimmish sleeve):

1zfqujk.jpg

Now those are some Don't **** With Me Lapels!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene