• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
It is. I discovered RRL less than a year ago and its been a trying process finding stuff that I like in my size. This recent RRL flurry on B&S and eBay has allowed me to buy some very much sought after pieces.

Needless to say, I think im done for a while..
blush.gif

ya, i m still in search for my pair, but too bad that 34x32 seems to be the very popular size and B&S doesn't have them. Those on eBay are selling for $150+ and I happend to lost a bid on a pair that ended up with only $69 shipped. I was pissed when I lost that bid.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tv2177
RRL Mohawk Military Jacket someone should cop this sweet jacket.
nice jacket. RRL has a lot of obscure pieces that I never could have imagined. For example, 2 weeks ago on eBay I saw a leather jacket with red/black buffalo check inner lining that looked reversible. and in typical RRL fashion the jacket pockets were removed so it gave it a unique look.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice jacket. RRL has a lot of obscure pieces that I never could have imagined. For example, 2 weeks ago on eBay I saw a leather jacket with red/black buffalo check inner lining that looked reversible. and in typical RRL fashion the jacket pockets were removed so it gave it a unique look.

exactly, the more I dig, then more I can't stop digging RRL.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent RRL haul: Wool/Cashmere Cardi Linen/Wool/Poly Blend Reversible Sweater (instant favorite)
Hey Namor, do you have more pics/info on these two?

Rangoe

Reaction score
I've been shocked by how difficult it's been to find a 28 waist pair of slim fit RRL jeans...far less in a color I would want. There are a precious few on E-bay, but none in, say, the dark brown or olive.

I stopped by the Ralph Lauren store in San Francisco listed on the first page of this thread (the store on Post, Crocker Galleria), they had no 28s (or 29s for that matter) and only had two generic pairs of the boot cut in the standard blue. Very little RRL, really....

Any advice on where to dig these up if even the stores don't really have much??

Cheers & thanks!

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rangoe
I've been shocked by how difficult it's been to find a 28 waist pair of slim fit RRL jeans...far less in a color I would want. There are a precious few on E-bay, but none in, say, the dark brown or olive.

I stopped by the Ralph Lauren store in San Francisco listed on the first page of this thread (the store on Post, Crocker Galleria), they had no 28s (or 29s for that matter) and only had two generic pairs of the boot cut in the standard blue. Very little RRL, really....

Any advice on where to dig these up if even the stores don't really have much??

Cheers & thanks!

Your best bet is to call up all the RRL stores and ask. They'll ship it to you for $15 via FedEx.

el duderino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rangoe
Colored denim are seasonal washes and limited to specific cuts, so unless they made that color/cut combo for the season that are showing up on ebay, you aren't going to find it, let alone your size. If you don't mind paying retail, there are a pair of brown and green denim for SS11, but I forget which cuts they are. The green one is either low straight or slim fit and a nice shade of green. The brown was similar to the coffee dyed jeans, but a little lighter. I think the RL on Filmore is a better store to check out if you can't get to a RRL store.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr. Demento
Keep reading just for a laugh. You'll never find such a large group of assholes, losers, stumblebums and 'tweens in one place.
foo.gif

It sounds like you are going to fit in just fine, Dr. Demento.
cheers.gif

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
For those previously asking about fits and measurements for denim...

those are helpful. but do u know what waist and inseam are those info based on?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr. Demento
Keep reading just for a laugh. You'll never find such a large group of assholes, losers, stumblebums and 'tweens in one place.
foo.gif

It sounds like you are going to fit in just fine, Dr. Demento.
cheers.gif

Don't you think this RRL thread is relatively civilized compared to some parts of SF?

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there are a lot of little civilized corners on SF- it just takes some work to find them.

Rangoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by el duderino
Colored denim are seasonal washes and limited to specific cuts, so unless they made that color/cut combo for the season that are showing up on ebay, you aren't going to find it, let alone your size. If you don't mind paying retail, there are a pair of brown and green denim for SS11, but I forget which cuts they are. The green one is either low straight or slim fit and a nice shade of green. The brown was similar to the coffee dyed jeans, but a little lighter. I think the RL on Filmore is a better store to check out if you can't get to a RRL store.
Thanks for the advice, Duderino! Froosh, is there anywhere online where one can view the RRL models that are likely to be in store if I go the route of calling an RRL store to have them ship? I didn't find any on the Ralph Lauren site, so it would be great to be able to view the latest washes and what fits they come in, as opposed to just phoning and saying, "do you have something in brown? Yeah, I'll take it in 28!". Thanks again for the help...

Rangoe

Reaction score
Also....

I found some RRL 28s on E-bay that I really like...however, the length is 34 when I'm usually 30. Now, I've sometimes bought them at 32 and had them tailored, no problem.

However, will cutting the hem down from 34 to 30 make any difference in the fit because I'm taking a larger chunk out, or is this not really an issue?

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member