• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

osadolor619

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rangoe
I've been shocked by how difficult it's been to find a 28 waist pair of slim fit RRL jeans...far less in a color I would want. There are a precious few on E-bay, but none in, say, the dark brown or olive.

I stopped by the Ralph Lauren store in San Francisco listed on the first page of this thread (the store on Post, Crocker Galleria), they had no 28s (or 29s for that matter) and only had two generic pairs of the boot cut in the standard blue. Very little RRL, really....

Any advice on where to dig these up if even the stores don't really have much??

Cheers & thanks!

Check my sig!

Lupo

Reaction score
I dont knwo buts that the reason i think the B&S section needs to be cleaned up somehow, with sub categories and stuff

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Oh, and I forgot to ask this.

Are these selvage?
laugh.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/380-RRL-Double-R...item27b7ee8b40

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Left Eye
@Simontuntelder is that seller legit? 100% authentic?

I have absolutely no idea. Sorry.

I just posted the link because I like a lot of RRL stuff (though not the Made in India/China etc etc part), especially some of the crazy pieces that only Japanese collectors appreciate.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rangoe
Also....

I found some RRL 28s on E-bay that I really like...however, the length is 34 when I'm usually 30. Now, I've sometimes bought them at 32 and had them tailored, no problem.

However, will cutting the hem down from 34 to 30 make any difference in the fit because I'm taking a larger chunk out, or is this not really an issue?

Thanks!

Probably going down from 33 to 30 since they probably will shrink and could shrink up to that much.

It probably wouldn't make any difference at all, but if you're really wary then ask the seller to measure the leg opening across and then measure across the leg 4 inches up. The difference if any will tell you what kind of difference there might be.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
Hey Namor, do you have more pics/info on these two?
This is the same Cardi. It pills like a mother though.. Fits TTS. I normally wear a size L but bought a M for a tighter fit. Very light and fluffy The sweater. I usually wear L and bought it in that size. Fits TTS. Like I mentioned it is reversible. Grey/greenish on one side, black/charcoal on the other. Really nice weight to it. "Slubby" would be a great way to describe the weight.
IMGP4597.jpg
IMGP4596.jpg
IMGP4595.jpg

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
BTW, did any of you guys see the feature on the one of the founders of Imogene+Willie in a recent Free&Easy magazine?

There was a highlighted RRL shirt. It was basically a button down chambray shirt with visible selvage gussets.

Is this shirt a regular in the different RRL collections? I have never seen it before, but I'm feeling like it should be my second RRL purchase ever.

Left Eye

Reaction score
Anyone here from SF Bay Area been to RL on Fillmore recently? Do you guys recall what kind of RRL denim was in stock? I won't be able to go until the weekend.

el duderino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Simontuntelder
BTW, did any of you guys see the feature on the one of the founders of Imogene+Willie in a recent Free&Easy magazine? There was a highlighted RRL shirt. It was basically a button down chambray shirt with visible selvage gussets. Is this shirt a regular in the different RRL collections? I have never seen it before, but I'm feeling like it should be my second RRL purchase ever.
That was a seasonal icon piece from FW10. It sold well, so your only chance would be to hope for it to show up on eBay next year. I have a feeling you would like a lot of RRL, there are much cooler shirts than that. I feel like the more popular dudes on superdenim on sufu won't admit to liking RRL soley due to the whole Made in asia and distressed aspects, despite RRL producing nice stuff consistently. The fact is though it's one of the best fitting lines if you want slimmer fitting vintage inspired tops. I still don't comprehend the anti-distressing dudes rocking crispy stifel, hickory stripe, poka dot, etc patterned tops which look so costumey without any hint of wear and the amount of wear to get them to look broken in would be ridiculous. I can understand it for jeans, but not for other items. If I can be bothered, I'll probably post some pics from Heartland, but I was thinking Blake might have picked up some of the key pieces and may have better photographs.

osadolor619

Reaction score
@NAMOR, I HATE YOU! I hate that those sweaters weren't in my size! Haha! You got lucky! Also, I didn't even realize it was reversible.

zinman74

Reaction score
Have a question or two about RRL jeans. I saw the Slim fit in GQ this month. They looked very nice, so I figured why not. I have lost some weight recently and toned up a bit and my previous nice denim was getting a bit baggy. I went to San Francisco, the RRL store on Post St. had a 36/32 which is my old size, however, these fit nicely, slim but not tight orskinny and I could see right away that they were quality. They are the selvedge indigo, I'm assuming of the One Wash variety. The fit in the waist is good, and they could shrink an inch or so and be fine (especially with my continued weight loss) but also because they would stretch back out. With a 1.25 inch cuff, they are a bit bunched up at the bottom. My question is, with a cold soak and line dry, will they shrink, in the waist or length? What do you think? I had a bad experience with inseam shrinkage on some raw Tellasons and I don't want to repeat. The staff was unable to be specific, which for a $230 pair of jeans is quite inexcusable, but they were beautiful, so I bought them. They said dry clean the first time then cold soak. Thanks,

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by osadolor619
@NAMOR, I HATE YOU! I hate that those sweaters weren't in my size! Haha! You got lucky! Also, I didn't even realize it was reversible.

This is the awesome seller who sold said products. Ill keep an eye out for you!

Rangoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zinman74
Have a question or two about RRL jeans. I saw the Slim fit in GQ this month. They looked very nice, so I figured why not. I have lost some weight recently and toned up a bit and my previous nice denim was getting a bit baggy. I went to San Francisco, the RRL store on Post St. had a 36/32 which is my old size, however, these fit nicely, slim but not tight orskinny and I could see right away that they were quality. They are the selvedge indigo, I'm assuming of the One Wash variety. The fit in the waist is good, and they could shrink an inch or so and be fine (especially with my continued weight loss) but also because they would stretch back out. With a 1.25 inch cuff, they are a bit bunched up at the bottom. My question is, with a cold soak and line dry, will they shrink, in the waist or length? What do you think? I had a bad experience with inseam shrinkage on some raw Tellasons and I don't want to repeat. The staff was unable to be specific, which for a $230 pair of jeans is quite inexcusable, but they were beautiful, so I bought them. They said dry clean the first time then cold soak. Thanks,

I was at the Post store in SF just a couple of days back and I believe the only kind of slim fit they had was the slim bootcut....RRL also carries a slim fit.

Your question is also something I've wondered about - in my experience, jeans stretch out, not shrink, so I buy just a smidgen tighter than I'd like so that it fits perfectly after a while. I'd be concerned if it shrinks, so I'd also appreciate feedback on the subject!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads