• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
It doesn't look that way - just the shirt coming untucked, but if it is I'd get the waist of your trousers let out a little
wink.gif

Problem solved - trouser waist is fine, belt was pulled too tightly - let it out a notch, and the shirt lies properly.

Thanks!

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NOBD nice fabrics and a nice fit. I think it would look better with the SC unbuttoned though. Have you got the Persols this week?
wink.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How does Spoo do trad?
ae217cf5.jpg
3a367e58.jpg
b0464c6f.jpg
In a goddamn peak lapel purple corduroy jacket with crystal bug cufflinks you bitches!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
*totally kidding, this is not an entry and I love you guys. *scuse the mess in the kids room- Mrs. Spoo is on another European gig, so I'm left to my own devices, which don't include picking up toys or a proficient knowledge of my self timer app.
ffffuuuu.gif

mrmax

Reaction score
Bright and breezy today. Whilst the trousers probably are in need of a press it's mainly the wind.

2011_03_10_hands.jpg

Alternate pose:

2011_03_10_main.jpg

Your images are incredibly oversharpened. When your shoulders show jaggies, dial back the USM.

Fit wise this is very average. Reminds me of a boarding school teacher back at Harrow in the late 80's. Soggy, dated fit. M&S circa 1995.

Sorry for the negativity.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sack Attack!!!

Vintage Brooks Sack
Polo OCBD
Vintage Brooks Bow
Vintage Florsheim Imperials in Shell.

Have a good one!

Mike

SackItToYa5.JPG

SackItToYa2.JPG

SackItToYa3.JPG

SackItToYa4.JPG

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
How does Spoo do trad?

In a goddamn peak lapel purple corduroy jacket with crystal bug cufflinks you bitches!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

*totally kidding, this is not an entry and I love you guys.

*scuse the mess in the kids room- Mrs. Spoo is on another European gig, so I'm left to my own devices, which don't include picking up toys or a proficient knowledge of my self timer app.
ffffuuuu.gif

For you, that is Trad, no? You define your own Trad world - and fie on those who look down on you!

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NOBD nice fabrics and a nice fit. I think it would look better with the SC unbuttoned though. Have you got the Persols this week?
wink.gif

Hehe. Sun is shining, but forgot the Persols... Thanks, MoK. Check my edit.

Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
You seem to be channeling a Steve McQueen look. (and doing a damn good job at it! ) I'm impressed how you mixed in the Prince of Wales pattern jacket.

Thanks. Definitely inspired by (see last week's challenge entry), although last year I already did this one (without knowing McQueen did this in Bullitt):

carcol.jpg

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrmax
Your images are incredibly oversharpened. When your shoulders show jaggies, dial back the USM.

Fit wise this is very average. Reminds me of a boarding school teacher back at Harrow in the late 80's. Soggy, dated fit. M&S circa 1995.

Sorry for the negativity.

Blame the sharpening on an ancient version of Paint.net - it's all I've got access to in my lunchbreak - it's basically got four options starting at oversharp, whilst the resizing algorithm softens the original image too much to be left alone...

Yes it is a very average fit (I think I said as much somewhere in the last couple of pages) and oddly I work in education (but not in teaching). Not sure it's quite mid-90s M&S but I get your point
smile.gif

ndw

Reaction score
ae217cf5.jpg

^Sorry, Spoo. Not really feelin this. I think it's the shirt. Fit is nice, but color combos don't feel right to me.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
SackItToYa1.JPG

^Suit fits nicely.

^ Mike doing the upr_crust pose FTW.

laugh.gif

Me today. Not trad. But I did wear an OCBD

hAVrA.jpg

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry gents...nothing Trad from me
confused.gif

No-Trad_031111_01.jpg

No-Trad_031111_02.jpg

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LilacCords
TRAD2.jpg

Really like the belt.

Originally Posted by hobscrk777
pkRfd.jpg

Nice shoes.

Originally Posted by upr_crust
We had something of the same idea, except you have a proper 3/2 button suit. Also, I thought of you when I dressed today - please note - barrel cuffs, no bling.

thumbs-up.gif

The suit looks a little on the big side, but all in all this doesn't look bad.

Maybe, though it is the same size as other SF-approved fits. Could be the cotton fabric making it scrunchie.

Originally Posted by NOBD
NO Trad. Variation on a Theme

wddhvglenplaidencoltrui.jpg
wddhvglenplaidencoltrui.jpg

Total McQueen. Well played.

How does Spoo do trad?
ae217cf5.jpg

Bitchin' tie.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
SackItToYa2.JPG

I thought about picking up a bowtie specifically for this challenge, but I decided not to thinking I'd never have another occasion to wear it, and I haven't reached the SF level of addiction where you buy **** just to appeal to people on the Internet. This is making me rethink that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members