• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartorialism

Just a little tight around the crotch, eh?
facepalm.gif

Didn't notice this comment before. Yeah, it's tight. It's made to be tight. The thing was made in the 70's. Glance at a few catalogs from that era, that fit was rather in. Very tight crotch and seat, and a weird shape in general. As somebody who wasn't alive then, I can only assume that fashion designers were trying to encourage more sexual openness with that cut. Also, I don't think it's really obvious in those pics, but the trousers also have a slight bellbottom.

It's not something I wear seriously, obviously. At least as a suit. I've been known to break the jacket out as a sportcoat on occasion. If you want someone to blame, Anderson Little made the thing. The guy who runs them now posts here.

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Again with the good stuff Malford...damn you!

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

First time i had seen my father since well before Christmas, unfortunately my mother was to ill to join us but it was fun all the same!

-TTO

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Freezing this morning. Thanks for your comments yesterday, the tie was a Borrelli 65/35 cashmere silk, and the cufflinks were my fathers. Sorry no good pics, but early morn meetings and Mrs. Spoo still in bed. Hermes wool/silk tie courtesy of MalfordofLondon
fa2de872.jpg
Watch the gap
f2bd9918.jpg
ala UrbanComposition
e0361577.jpg

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TTO

My Dad & I
-TTO

Late to the party, but I agree on the awesomeness of the pic. Hope your mother gets well soon.

Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
DSC02432.jpg

Practing your Hitman look for the celebrity-inspired DTO Friday challenge?
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Shoulders look good on you here, HF.

Thanks. That suit is bespoke but some years old and had to undergo some surgery recently, so I'm glad it still looks fine.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon
nn16.jpg

Very nice.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Hermes wool/silk tie courtesy of MalfordofLondon

Liking both the look/texture and the colours.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
...Mrs. Spoo still in bed. Watch the gap
f2bd9918.jpg

wha, no pictures? Fo shame!
satisfied.gif
PS - ok ok ok, just picture this man, like us 3 piece wearing no-break hooligans, we like, go get some spraypaint and then we go to those train stops, ok, and we like 'insert' the word collar there, like right there ok. So then when these 3B black oversized suit wearing imps show up, they'll constantly be reading "please mind the collar gap". it'll be like our own little Sartorial fight club. Yeah!

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Nice. Good job, NDW.

Thx, Mike.

DSC02432.jpg

^Interesting fit, PB. It's a little too "fashiony" for me, what with the 1 button, peak lapel, super slim fit, but an interesting change from what is typically posted. As mentioned before, your shirt collars are awesome. I think you will benefit greatly and find more comfortable a more relaxed, drapey fit. Interesting to see your new pieces.

Originally Posted by forex
ndw,suit is awesome,not sure about the tie though. Where do you get your suits?

^Thanks! Tie is really orange but is looks weird withc amera exposure. I get my suits from various places, including brick and mortar stores to the interwebz.

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition

Thanks - I really like your suit fabric. Is it wool? If so, what kind?

^Thanks, UC. It's wool. Some sort of super high spun, but I don't know exactlty.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TTO
5466253386_aa829039fb_b.jpg

My Dad & I -TTO

Originally Posted by TTO
Again with the good stuff Malford...damn you! -TTO
Cheers! Nice photo of you and your father. I always seem to vaguely recognise the places in your photos but can't quite place them...
DSC02436.jpg

Where on earth did those come from?! All kinds of nice.
Hermes wool/silk tie courtesy of MalfordofLondon
fa2de872.jpg
[/SPOILER]

You do realise this is strictly "on loan" right?
Watch the gap
f2bd9918.jpg
Still vastly inferior to "Mind the gap" but kudos for you Americans for tryin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance