• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoStep

Reaction score
39166480.jpg

52580961.jpg

11134873.jpg

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Monday.

RLPL SC, Hilfiger shirt, Paul Stuart tie, Polo Italy glenplaid pants, Wright Cordwainer vintage shoes.

SC is going back to the tailor. They did something to the shoulders when they adjusted the collar and that is why there is that lump showing up. I thought it would flatten out after a wear or two, but nope. Back for tweaking.

Mike

1011-1.jpg

1011-2.jpg

1011-3.jpg

1011-4.jpg

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2010-10-11a.jpg

2010-10-11b.jpg

2010-10-11c.jpg

2010-10-11d.jpg

I think this may be a risky outfit. Blue shoes inspired by a recent thread. Critiques appreciated! Help me dress better.

Prestosmp

Reaction score
68072_533190011136_35500033_31525993_5833844_n.jpg
Homemade PS.. learned how to sew last night thanks to my wife Here is a look at the PS....
69154_533203663776_35500033_31526238_3743256_n.jpg

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like blue shoes though I feel those are too light for the otherwise altogether conservative nature of the outfit.

My bigger concern lies with the pant/coat combo.
Far too busy together. At first I thought they were gray flannels but that houndstooth against an almost-houndstooth pattern of the same scale in the coat =
confused.gif

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
I like blue shoes though I feel those are too light for the otherwise altogether conservative nature of the outfit.

My bigger concern lies with the pant/coat combo.
Far too busy together. At first I thought they were gray flannels but that houndstooth against an almost-houndstooth pattern of the same scale in the coat =
confused.gif

Gray flannels it is then! Thank you.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hadn't thought that gray flannels were the best option, just that, until I saw the pattern, it was less of an issue.

Ah! Would navy be a better option?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
Ah! Would navy be a better option?

I think most of your stuff is rather sedate (nice way of saying "blah"). Your jackets looks like they are suit separates, for the most part. The fit is not horrible but your color sense is. You make matters worse when you try to spice up the outfits (see: blue shoes). My suggestion, start off with the basics. Navy sportcoat, some kind of herringbone or tweed/gunclub. Get some blue shirts, stripes and solids, they will work great with your skintone. Pinks also. Stay away from patterned pants, unless they fit you perfectly (those don't). Blue shoes are just not going to work in your closet right now. Don't ever wear those again. Your posture is not doing you any favors and those eyeglass frames are not doing you any favors, I would get something round. My thoughts on an outfit for you: A navy or brown herringbone sportcoat (cut like the Brooks sacks that luftvier has been wearing), some mid grey solid pants which are slimmer trough the calves and leg opening, a solid blue or blue stripe shirt with long points and a slight spread collar, a small patterned tie and some dark brown/cordovan wingtips (think RL Darlton, Alden etc).

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice palette, Nii.

thx C.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Great looking suit, Nii. However, I think you are having some (rare as of late) fit issues....

what are they?

edit: oh God - i am going to sound like the senior members who explain any criticism they receive ...

looked back at the pictures and i take it you are referring to the creasing in the middle? I am definitely a few pounds heavier than my normal weight (206 now .. normally at 200) but since i am moving in all the shots ... the end result is the clothes will not look impeccable. I plan on taking all moving shots this week in part because of the rant by whnay on the DB patch pocket thread.

Originally Posted by kulata
Nice suit but wearing a DB after a meal of kenke is a no no

lol @ kenke ... at least get the spelling right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dia Masoud