• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most boring class you ever took in college

ComboOrgan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MasterOfReality
I think (in my industry anyway) that the universities should allow industry to design the bachelor degrees. Get real engineers and site based people an opportunity to have a say, rather than a bunch of academics who wear cardigans and jackets with shoulder patches determine the program.

I recall some collegues who went to different universities had to study social science subjects so they could develope a sense of social justice and responsibility.

To me thats just a form of brain washing from the generally left wing intelligentsia at our universities, not to mention a waste of money by studying something which has zero benefit career wise.

Save that for trade school.

This idea that academic engineers are out-of-touch is silly. I'd much rather have a curriculum designed by active academic researchers, than by industry folk with their narrow-foci.

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MasterOfReality
I think (in my industry anyway) that the universities should allow industry to design the bachelor degrees. Get real engineers and site based people an opportunity to have a say, rather than a bunch of academics who wear cardigans and jackets with shoulder patches determine the program.

I recall some collegues who went to different universities had to study social science subjects so they could develope a sense of social justice and responsibility.

To me thats just a form of brain washing from the generally left wing intelligentsia at our universities, not to mention a waste of money by studying something which has zero benefit career wise.

ELBOW PATCHES MOTHERFUCKER!

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
doctoral bibliography..... good ******* god. bibliography was also horrible at the masters level.

Hayato

Reaction score
Archeology - Supernaturalism

This asshole managed to make the most interesting sounding subject, the most boring, pretentious and unimportant class of all time. He was this really old professor with a horrible attitude, and basically took any sort of fun or levity out of an explorations course. We get it, India believes in spirits, calm down.

Thank god my other explorations class was natural disasters taught by a visiting professor that worked for the USGS. We basically got to learn about everything that could **** up the human race (meteor impact, super volcanoes, earthquakes, fires, tidal waves, etc.) Probably the most fun and interesting class I took that had nothing to do with my major.

runner-guy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Plestor
The group theory, basic graph theory and combintorics stuff isn't too bad tho...

As for mine

a) Organic 1 ...
b) some crap stats course I need to do as part of my program despite already having done more advanced stats
ffffuuuu.gif

+1 for Organic Chemistry. That class sucked.

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ethics class of MBA. Even the prof routinely fell sleep during his own lecture.

mrhills0146

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
See, this is why I really hate university sometimes... so many of these "foundation" classes are useless and a waste of memory and brain power. They should be there for people who are going to use it, like people actually majoring in mathematics. Why the hell do I need to know about all the rules of existential universal statements or how to prove A or B valid ten different ways, or ridiculously long and frustrating differential equations that are too cryptic to be of any use in a normal career setting?

IMO there's just not enough "real" classes in college. I'd much rather learn about how mortgages work, how to build a computer, how to build a house or fix plumbing, etc. on the side of what I'm doing in computer science.

So what you are after is training, not education. There is nothing inherently wrong with that, as long as you understand the difference.

You won't use the majority of what you learned in college in your career. Depending on the career you choose, you may not use ANY of your academic coursework.

An undergraduate degree is not job training. You are in university to learn to think and to show that you can start a task and complete it.

dave333

Reaction score
I thought this neuroscience/psych class I would be taking would be interesting since it was about how the mind could be creative.

boy I was ******* wrong. there is more bullshit in that class than...I don't even know. It hurts my ears listening to people speak in that class.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Fixed securities.

imschatz

Reaction score
Every semester has a boring class .. and I don't think I could pick one that was the most boring.

I took a course in my final year of undergrad on Differential Calculus, that was simple formula manipulation. So ya .. 4 years of undergrad, a dozen or so math classes .. and I'm spending my nights memorizing formula's.

So far my graduate Macroeconomics is incredibly boring. My Micro/Econometrics courses are doing 10-15 pages of notes on completely new material per lecture .. while my Macro class is still covering material I did in Undergrad. Serious waste of time.

Milpool

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
See, this is why I really hate university sometimes... so many of these "foundation" classes are useless and a waste of memory and brain power. They should be there for people who are going to use it, like people actually majoring in mathematics. Why the hell do I need to know about all the rules of existential universal statements or how to prove A or B valid ten different ways, or ridiculously long and frustrating differential equations that are too cryptic to be of any use in a normal career setting?

IMO there's just not enough "real" classes in college. I'd much rather learn about how mortgages work, how to build a computer, how to build a house or fix plumbing, etc. on the side of what I'm doing in computer science.

It is strange. . . you can never really predict what is going to be useful. A friend of mine codes tax software. He says it is about the laziest coding possible, and thus he promptly forgot just about everything he learned about math.

I'm not a programmer, but I code up my own **** a lot and I use TONS of **** like discrete to get work done. I studied math as an undergrad, and I wish I had a better understanding of math every damn day.

Brosef

Reaction score
Physical Chemistry, most definitely...Professor was very, very old, had to stop talking to catch his breath all the time but was one of the nicest persons ever. There were no TAs in the class and he corrected ALL the exams (150) himself and left notes in each and every one of them. Class was pretty difficult, not really related to my major (the only thing I remember and use to this day from that class is the Gibbs free energy concept, which is pretty basic), boring as hell and hard to follow due to the prof. Oh, and the exams were a pain ********** too.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Debbie E. Prickett