• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are you changing your fashion buying habits because of climate change?

ShoeWho

Reaction score
Some of us think climate change is a libtard conspiracy, others think a climate apocalypse is well under way and nature has begun what will be a well-earned and colossal cull of our species.

But let's not debate that here, let's talk about how we are changing our consumption of clothing in order to reduce our impact on the climate.

For myself, almost everything I've bought in recent years (except underwear) has been second hand. I started doing this to adjust to a lower income, for the sake of less stress, more sleep and better health. But my self-interest turns out to have been a greenish thing to do.

At the same time I got much, much bolder in my choices, so I began buying stuff by Versace, Gaultier, Vivienne Westwood, Etro and D&G. Usually the kind of thing where someone paid £300 or £500 for it a few years ago, they wore it once (or never!), and I won it for £30 to £120 on ebay.

Unfortunately this has been so much fun that I've become slightly addicted, and I now have much more stuff than I can morally justify. I daren't count my boot collection, but it must be 40 pairs or so. I'm the new Imelda Marcos.

So I've deleted all my ebay saved searches and resolved to have a year of selling, not buying....just as soon as my final splurge of purchases has arrived...still got a few treats in transit.

For the rest of the year my fashion fun will be in modifying or upcycling things I already own. I'll still have the pleasure of wearing stuff that is new to me, but I'll get the added buzz of knowing that some of it was my own work. I've dyed a couple of jackets in recent years, very successfully. And I modified a Russian flying suit to make it wearable. I can't pretend it was a very eco-sensitive purchase! But it's good for parties, and much better than buying some sort of themed jokey party outfit from China which only gets worn once, like most of the crap that people buy for costume parties or Halloween.

ShoeWho

Reaction score
Oh dear, this thread is sinking without trace. Maybe that's to be expected in a forum which is based on an acceptance of endless consumption. Is there really no overlap between style-conscious men and those who are fearful of climate change?

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
Oh dear, this thread is sinking without trace. Maybe that's to be expected in a forum which is based on an acceptance of endless consumption. Is there really no overlap between style-conscious men and those who are fearful of climate change?
I’ve also started buying much more secind hand, for similar reasons.

ShoeWho

Reaction score
Good for you! Where do get your 2nd hand stuff? Is it similar to the stuff you used to buy new?

fhusuqinet

Reaction score
Buying mostly second hand as well. It can take me a long time to find what I want since I am a wear a small 36R and old garments are usually quite roomier than their modern counterpart. I'm also a size 6UK which isn't the most common...

I usually find stuff on eBay though I found a pair of C&J on shoegazing's forum and fresh selling sites like Vinted. My best finding might be a SuitSupply jacket I found on eBay UK for 10£!

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't buy second hand or for climate change, but I do weigh my purchases a lot more heavily than I used to.

I try and maximize versatility from each item I own. I also try not to keep excessive items and try and run a tight ship in terms of wardrobe size.

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
Mostly eBay, either searching for specific items I want or browsing, and LuxeSwap. A bit on Grailed or Vestiaire. I look at charity shops but never find anything good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads