• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Six months after joining and hungover on a Saturday morning, I've finally finished reading through this entire thread. I can't tell whether this has been incredibly enlightening or if I should just want the however many hours I spent reading this of my life back.

My RFTs:

- It took my a while to figure out why so many people had pictures of attractive women in their profiles. Eventually I figured out that it's because they're nice to look at. My profile picture is of me, though, so people can recognize me if they meet me outside of the Internet.

- Initialism/acronyms are ubiquitous here, and they're hella confusing.

- As are diffusion lines. I was a couple hundred pages in before I figured out that DRKSHDW = Rick Owens.

- ****-fights over nothing and "designer so-and-so was better before season such-and-such" posts get old quick.

- Fashion industry droplets of wisdom from Impolyte are pretty fantastic.

- naaaaate (wrong number of a's, I'm sure) is the best poster ever.

- I still don't "get" drop-crotches, dickflaps, and drapey (like, femme-level drapey) stuff (the three d's of gothninja?)

- Ditto white trainers. They mostly make me think of old people, American tourists, and the women you see in DC walking/taking the Metro to work who wear them while commuting and keep their work shoes in their oversized bags to change into once they get there.

- Ditto huge tongues on trainers, and the moc toe/massive crepe sole combo on boots. Most of my footwear preferences probably spring from the fact that I have kind of large feet and that I think anything that makes my feet look bigger is horrible.

- I can understand the hate on graphic t-shirts of the Ed Hardy/Affliction variety, but if I don't wear concert t-shirts with indie rock bands' names on them, how are hipster girls supposed to know that they want to ******** with me?

</incoherent internet mumbling>

Also, Freshness Burger > In n Out, 5 Guys, &c. (double SF win: 1. saying that something people have already said they like is trumped by something more obscure and 2. casually bringing up that I've been to Tokyo).

ghostface

Reaction score
Edit: meant to quote Synthese's post above... ^^^ I've got the SS10 grey moto-- the same one Snake wore in a recent WAYWT-- in a size 3 and it fits like a slim 50. So, considering that Julius goes up to size 4, I'd say that they're covering much more of the size spectrum now than they did in earlier seasons (i.e. since their recent sizing is a bit more generous, likely in response to their expansion to Western markets). But their sizing also varies among jacket models within any given collection, so keep that in mind...

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was half-joking, but actually, thanks for the info!

edit: oh and RFT for the day: I am so ******* sick of seeing cigarettes as fashion accessories, in shoots or on the street.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
love freshness for a chain store burger

but tokyo has so many amazing burger places it's not even funny

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
I was half-joking, but actually, thanks for the info! edit: oh and RFT for the day: I am so ******* sick of seeing cigarettes as fashion accessories, in shoots or on the street.
It's quite sad that 95% of the attractive women I've seen on this trip have had cigarettes in hand and the other 5% had Starbucks

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
I was half-joking, but actually, thanks for the info! edit: oh and RFT for the day: I am so ******* sick of seeing cigarettes as fashion accessories, in shoots or on the street.
it is quite amusing how it has become a fashion accessory isn't it i wanna see a hot chick with a cigar in hand, wifey material

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
it is quite amusing how it has become a fashion accessory isn't it

i wanna see a hot chick with a cigar in hand, wifey material

sup Freud?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Riio
are you still in NYC? heard it's been ungodly hot
I've only been here a couple of days. Was absurdly hot the first day (96 or so, iirc), yesterday was still in the 90s regardless of everyone saying this ******* hurricane would cool things down and it was humid as hell too, today's not too bad (though I'm in an air conditioned house lol)

mondayc

Reaction score
Y9WSCl.jpg

One 4" rip near the inseam, then that mashed up, dangling piece of fabric, then another rip. I know what I'm sewing tonight.

ZhiMingBuFanDe

Reaction score

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
None of those things even give me a semi.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by asobu
love freshness for a chain store burger

but tokyo has so many amazing burger places it's not even funny

I was even impressed by their beer. Most places just have Asahi or something flavorless and awful like that.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
Dick's Drive-In in seattle is vastly superior in all respects to Five Guys. And they have the most amazing milkshakes which is essentially the coups-de-grace.
dick's is overrated, the meat is all mealy and gross and their fries are soggy. shakes are ok, but nothing really special Blimpy Burger in Ann Arbor ftw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members