• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone have a Tom Ford suit hanger they would sell?

Buck Rogers

Reaction score
Why do you think that BG is lying about the Hangers? Do you think that they actually do give them out to people? I didn't want to be too pushy when I called to ask about it, but am I being too lax?

bbhewee

Reaction score
That wouldn't surprise me... I've bought a few TF suits at Harrod's and they only ever gave me one wooden hanger. They should have given you the plastic one though.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Buck Rogers
Why do you think that BG is lying about the Hangers? Do you think that they actually do give them out to people? I didn't want to be too pushy when I called to ask about it, but am I being too lax?

I'm assuming you didn't get the TF suit on deep discount. If you're dropping thousands for a suit, they can't throw in a hanger that cost $10 to make (or whatever it is)? Strikes me as petty on the part of BG. I would say exactly that to the person who sold you the suit.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Return the suit to BG, and buy it at TF.

Problem solved.

Larson McCord

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Butter
I always ask for the hanger whenever I buy a suit/sports coat at stores.

If they refuse, I refund the item. No questions asked.

Haven't had them deny me one yet.

He got a hanger though so what's the problem?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Larson McCord
He got a hanger though so what's the problem?

Buy a $3000 suit and get a 10 cent hanger? The problem is BG does not want to give him the "nice" hanger to go with his fancy "nice" suit. And this is at Bergdorf where they hold themselves to be one of the premier men's clothing stores in America.

Larson McCord

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Buy a $3000 suit and get a 10 cent hanger? The problem is BG does not want to give him the "nice" hanger to go with his fancy "nice" suit. And this is at Bergdorf where they hold themselves to be one of the premier men's clothing stores in America.

He's out to buy a TOM FORD hanger, how are they different than normal hangers other than saying his name on it?

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Larson McCord
He's out to buy a TOM FORD hanger, how are they different than normal hangers other than saying his name on it?

Exactly. It's not like we're a bunch of obsessive compulsives.... oh wait.
laugh.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Multi brand distributors toss the branded logo hangers when they receive items in their stock most of the time, and use their own branded hangers. Its all about subliminal marketing!

redips

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenStyle
Exactly. It's not like we're a bunch of obsessive compulsives.... oh wait.
laugh.gif

Obsessive Compulsives replace their Tom Ford hangers with a hanger from a matching set. That way every hanger in the closet is the same, and every article hangs perfectly. Label whores collect hangers.

captoe

Reaction score
that tom ford hanger over at buying and selling did look pretty rad. did it come in velvet? that would've fuckin' blown my mind at the awesomeness.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
josem7744