• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbusguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
cbusguy: those jeans look pretty nice. i like the extremely small leg opening. do you have a reference model or name? i don't know **** about jcrew
they are the 484 cut and the style number is 24301. i think they are a good skinny cut and it is easy to get them for a great price.
Originally Posted by connor
cbusguy looks great man. cool fit. any tailoring on the chambray?
thanks. nope. the small fit me really well and a hot was made it perfect.

CrazyJ

Reaction score
Front in grey, sunday hospitality night at the pub. Half off everything... 4$ chimay and grey goose all night long, with a $15 bill at the end of the night. That's how Tampa beats out the city!

Julius silk/cotton cardigan
Zara super slim fit v neck
random belt
Nudies long johns
Filippa K white high-tops (not shown)

http://www.styleforum.net/attachment...1&d=1279593641

edit: upon closer inspection, this photo is kinda hilarious in that the two girls we were with were red and sweating while wearing skimpy tops, and I'm completely fine while wearing a ******* cardigan lol. 95F at night time with humidity.

lowrider

Reaction score
the other day:

4794471549_b312092665.jpg

shoe detail:

4795101884_6d22c672c1.jpg

ryannn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
Julius silk/cotton cardigan
Zara super slim fit v neck
random belt
Nudies long johns
Filippa K white high-tops (not shown)

Uh maybe it's just me but that seems out of place, and you do not look like someone that would wear Julius.

Binker

Reaction score
Is Tampa collectively missing a chromosome?

CrazyJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Binker
Is Tampa collectively missing a chromosome?

No, I just work with normal southern folk friend. Things are kinda different when you're not in the city. Plus we're kinda hammered too.

Lets try and keep the ad-hominem out though, I appreciate actual critique, not your geographical stereotype analysis.

c00kz

Reaction score
Cardigan looks bad.. Ignoring it's Julius (!), drapey open cardigans are kind of the hallmark of the deathcab indie girl

Islander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
Front in grey, sunday hospitality night at the pub.

Looks great.

Originally Posted by ryanmnguyen
you do not look like someone that would wear Julius

Care to explain, maybe post some pics of what people who look like they would wear Julius look like? If you think the fit looks **** or he doesn't pull it off just say so.

c00kz

Reaction score
It should be really obvious he means the guy doesn't look dark and dreary and dramatic..

cez

Reaction score
He doesn't pull it off or just doesn't go with what else he is wearing, imo. The cardigan looks like it could be any generic mall brand, actually. Not that there is anything wrong with mall brands but when I think of Julius I imagine this
03.jpg
DSCF1106.jpg

Islander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cez
He doesn't pull it off or just doesn't go with what else he is wearing, imo. The cardigan looks like it could be any generic mall brand, actually. Not that there is anything wrong with mall brands.
Exactly. If he had said it was a mall brand I bet more people would have liked it, either that or said "you should try something from Julius instead". Just sayin'.
Originally Posted by c00kz
It should be really obvious he means the guy doesn't look dark and dreary and dramatic..
Yea, I get it. He was neither goth nor ninja. I concede a black belt would have been nice.

CrazyJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by c00kz
Cardigan looks bad.. Ignoring it's Julius (!), drapey open cardigans are kind of the hallmark of the deathcab indie girl

Coincidentally I love deathcab and I'm frequently regarded as indie by my friends.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cez
He doesn't pull it off or just doesn't go with what else he is wearing, imo.

The cardigan looks like it could be any generic mall brand, actually. Not that there is anything wrong with mall brands but when I think of Julius I imagine this

When I walked into the bar last night, I got a lot of interesting opinions of the cardigan. Most people knew it wasn't from the mall, mostly because it's uniqueness wasn't obvious in the front, but in the back. The back of the cardigan drops much lower than the front, giving it a sort of "cape" appearance. Not only that, it really highlighted the curve of my lower back, because the silk stretched to my fit yet hanged loose at the same time. Also, I'm a huge fan of the sleeves wrapping around my hands. I've never seen a cardigan that has a sleeve fit like that unless it was a womens' cardigan, which obviously wouldn't fit me.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cez
He doesn't pull it off or just doesn't go with what else he is wearing, imo.

The cardigan looks like it could be any generic mall brand, actually. Not that there is anything wrong with mall brands but when I think of Julius I imagine this

Julius pieces can look quite unremarkable if not paired appropriately, that cardi especially.

I was able to find an old pic of me wearing mine..
30wwj1s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78