• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like one of those pieces you just need to see in person to really appreciate.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
Seems like one of those pieces you just need to see in person to really appreciate.

yeah i think it's one of those things that's really difficult to capture in a photograph.

it looks good here anyway, but if you saw it in person and realised "hey those really aren't denim, whoa" it'd be quite cool.

especially since from afar it would look like T-shirt+jeans+chucks which is fine anyway, and then up close it gets better and better.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hendrix, I am glad you picked up on that. Even the White tee is a heavily washed gauzy cotton that is heavily pilled and extremely lightweight. All the Junya pants I have are pretty straight except the ones with red lining, cords too. These are a great cut though and just need to be witnessed in person.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did this massive double take

I was like Oh Junya denim, wash looks good

WTF its not denim, thats awesome

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
scott nice, would like it more if the tee was looser

vonWitzleben

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
****... sometimes you don't realize how much you need to hem your jeans until you see them in a pic

waywt2.jpg

Surface 2 Air Tee
Dior Homme Black Selvedge
Raf Simons Astro

Looks a bit sloppy the way way youre wearing those Diors atm, but good nontheless. Dont hem. If you want a cleaner look just clean the stacks by pulling down towards the ankle like here:

IMG_0976.JPG

Those look really good, btw.

Originally Posted by cez
Nice, Ben. That BS jacket suits you very nicely.

Originally Posted by Synthese
vW's pictures are always so "I don't give a ****," it's a great vibe.

Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Sick.

Thanks guys, comments are always appreciated.

IanTheM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vonWitzleben
Looks a bit sloppy the way way youre wearing those Diors atm, but good nontheless. Dont hem. If you want a cleaner look just clean the stacks by pulling down towards the ankle like here:

IMG_0976.JPG

Those fit better/tighter though, which is partly what makes stacks look better.

jaac

Reaction score
More of a roll not a cuff, tuck your collar, maybe even tuck your cockbib. It seems like it should look good but just kinda doesn't, sorry.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
PG You do need a hem but besides that they fit well.

Today:
IMG_1693.jpg

Our Legacy White Tee
Junya Jeans
CDG Play Chucks

Love the jeans, great shade of blue and that green tinge on the distressing works well. They also look soft and comfy which works great with the relaxed fit, also love the cuff detail, a nice touch.

I think distressing works well in moderation, with a touch of irony/humour and on good quality denim. Unfortunately most brands go with the 'bigger is better' policy and design them with a 'hardcore' or 'badass' persona in mind (because thats how all guys want to look amirite?), and naturally don't use good quality denim.

For the haters though, just remember how popular raw denim is and why it is so. Yes the distressing can be considered more 'authentic', but the look is what counts at the end of the day, and really if one kind of distressing can look good on jeans, then why not another? Such as the kind on these Junyas.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
scott nice pick up! i think these will look interesting when the "authentic" distressing comes into play with the screen-print. super cool concept. SCREEN PRINT DISTRESSING IS THE FUTURE.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
my girl just said " HIS black rafs look good on him"

On to the next one

Binker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
For the haters though, just remember how popular raw denim is and why it is so. Yes the distressing can be considered more 'authentic', but the look is what counts at the end of the day, and really if one kind of distressing can look good on jeans, then why not another? Such as the kind on these Junyas.
it's not a question of "authenticity" or anything so philosophical, at least it isn't for me. the distressing on faded raws looks nothing like pre-distressed jeans. former looks good, latter does not. just an aesthetic choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics