• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Diors are really cool but not at the price. Paying above $300 for a pair of Diors is stupid when they can be had for much less if you look and or wait long enough.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jokerman
The Diors are really cool but not at the price. Paying above $300 for a pair of Diors is stupid when they can be had for much less if you look and or wait long enough.
Are you only talking about the raws? Most of the waxed, distressed, and "tailored" jeans are hard to find for more than $200 or so off retail, which is quite high. Plus if you're a smaller size it become even harder (Barney's, Sak's, etc. only carry 28 and higher, up until recently Sz.26 was only available in Japan, and even now places like LvR only stock a few pieces in those sizes). And then the exchange rate isn't improving things, places from Europe/Japan where one used to be able to find a bit of a deal are now more expensive than US sources /rant Gotta say though, not a huge fan of the wash in question

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those diors are soulmates? if they are size 29, they might be the pair i sold for $200 a while back in fact, that looks a lot like a picture i wouldve taken... nvm doesnt seem to be a picture i took http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...light=soulmate that was my sale thread its kinda funny how no one ever wants to buy stuff i sell, even though i always have the best price =/ (2nd post and you'll see i blew the spot, yet no one wnated it lol)

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dizzle
Hi, I'm new here. Just started building my wardrobe. Would do you guys think about this jacket and its price?

Four-pocket tipped collar military jacket ($150)
br702676-00p01v01.jpg

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...=7026760020003

I like it overall. I'm just tired of epaulets at this point, so I wouldn't buy it because of those.

Having said that, SW&D seems to hate BR so you won't get a lot of appreciation for them around here.
blush.gif

wcarson89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
I like it overall. I'm just tired of epaulets at this point, so I wouldn't buy it because of those.

Having said that, SW&D seems to hate BR so you won't get a lot of appreciation for them around here.
blush.gif

I was looking at that jacket today, I like the look a lot and if it fit well it would be nice. But keep in mind we are in March and depending on where you live you might not get but a month or so wear out of it. But if you like it, wait until this wednesday, BR is having a 40% off one regular priced item sale.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
mcqtxtrjckt_0.jpg
mcqtxtrjckt_2.jpg
Wool, with a random wrinkled / bubble pattern. Same sweater in blue is here - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160408365918 I like the black much better. Dude wants too much for it but I am contemplating making him an offer. I feel like it is interesting and yet conservative enough for me that it'll go with all my stuff.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fabric itself looks beautiful, but I really dislike heavy knits with zippers. If that doesn't bother you though, kop

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mulansauce
Knits + Zippers = Banana Republic
Categorical generalizations = stuff I don't believe in. Last zip cardi I had worked great over button downs with and without skinny ties. But the opinions are certainly valued, thanks.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry JD I'm gonna join the zipper sweater hate team.

It rarely looks good.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those bad boys are sold son!

I need to update my threak with non-garbage photo's and some new items I want to clear out.

I have to sign up on honestforum so I can hock my diesel's, I've got like 6 T's and 4-5 pairs of denim.

Sup bra

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member