• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Parfums de Nicolai New York - This is Bois Du Portugal's kid brother. Very good, maybe a cool weather scent.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Today I wore Nostalgia, from Santa Maria Novella. I used my last few drops from a decant. I like this one - hope to pick up a full bottle soon.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today there remains a chill in the air and another cold front coming in tonight, so I'm wearing all the heavy, cold-weather scents while I still can. Today, though, looks to be a rough day, so I'm wearing comfort and reassurance in a bottle: L'Artisan Tea for Two. (It was almost Antaeus, but that's for later this week).

boo

Reaction score
Went with Antaeus today from a newly purchased 50ml bottle over the weekend. Was told by an SA at Saks 5th Ave that 50ml bottles are long discontinued or only available outside of the US, but Perfumania has them and it seemed okay to me compared to my perfumecourt decant.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Today I wore Nostalgia, from Santa Maria Novella. I used my last few drops from a decant. I like this one - hope to pick up a full bottle soon.
I've sniffed this one a few times, but never really got past the top. Interesting frag. If I remember it opens with a rather gasoline/glue note like Bvlgari Black or so, then moves into a a leather a la Tom Ford Tuscan Leather? Sort of a "weird one" but if the wife/girl likes it (hell, I figure even a boyfriend would like it) then cool.

Originally Posted by boo
Went with Antaeus today from a newly purchased 50ml bottle over the weekend. Was told by an SA at Saks 5th Ave that 50ml bottles are long discontinued or only available outside of the US, but Perfumania has them and it seemed okay to me compared to my perfumecourt decant.
Nice frag, sort of a just below the surface gem IMO. Overlooked because it might seem stuffy/old but it's nicely done and much better then all the newer generic crappy stuff. I've heard the vintage/older formulations of this are even better, but that happens with most frags. Enjoy!

Today, Sisley #3 - a little fruity, but I'm getting a lot of milky vanilla sort of stuff. reminds me strongly of something else but I'm not sure what, maybe one of the Life Threads ones?
eau-de-sisley-3.jpg

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kulata
Wearing D&G the one for the next one week. Need to finish the bottle before pulling the trigger on my next purchase.

If you're trying to get rid of it... I'm interested in picking some up! I don't want a full bottle, but anywhere around 10ml is good for me. PM if you're interested in a swap or selling.

boo

Reaction score
Sample of Tom Ford Noir de Noir today. It starts off with roses and then chocolate emerges. The chocolate is very smooth, not in your face like in A*Men. So far, I'm not too crazy about it. It seems more feminine to me and it's making me feel self conscious.

Makes me want to try layering Ungaro III and A*Men.

Update: A couple hours in, it does take in a more masculine feel as the chocolate evolves into a dark caramel. That I like, but not enough to pay $200+ bottle.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today the cold snap came again, and I was in a good mood from wrapping up some old business. Also, it occurred to me that I've only got a few weeks left before it's time to box up and shelve the heavy winter scents and bring forth the bay rum and vetiver.

So, today - Knize Ten.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Vintage Derby, from a dwindling decant. I also have a full bottle of the reformulated stuff and I don't think I have a preference of one over the other.

boo

Reaction score
I was curious to try PdN New York, so I tracked it down at a local store. I sprayed it onto a test "tissue" (they were out of test strips). I loved its citrus and warm amber feel. I've been meaning to get a good amber and decided to buy a 1oz bottle. I'm now back in my office, and give my bottle a spray....no amber!!!! Instead I'm getting a strong citrus/herbal/soap smell. I think what happened is that prior to the PdN New York, I sprayed something else that got onto my hand, and that was what I was smelling. Anyone want to buy some PdN?
blush.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by boo
I was curious to try PdN New York, so I tracked it down at a local store. I sprayed it onto a test "tissue" (they were out of test strips). I loved its citrus and warm amber feel. I've been meaning to get a good amber and decided to buy a 1oz bottle. I'm now back in my office, and give my bottle a spray....no amber!!!! Instead I'm getting a strong citrus/herbal/soap smell. I think what happened is that prior to the PdN New York, I sprayed something else that got onto my hand, and that was what I was smelling. Anyone want to buy some PdN?
blush.gif

Give it time. After a few times of the powdery citrus monster, I found some amber lurking under the surface. The only reason I don't have mine is because Mrs. T really did not like it.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy