• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone prefer a shorter suit jacket?

david432598

Reaction score
short:
o_C2aXILI2dBjlPpg.jpg
normal? (guy on right): *edit* picture was broken on my computer
suits1.jpg
I'm looking to buy some suits and at the moment i prefer the shorter look. its only like a 1 inch difference. Any thoughts on this?

david432598

Reaction score
nice...

I'm only 5'10" though. 160lbs 37 jacket size.

i also like my pants straight flat front low rise with no break.

single or no vent jacket.

all pockets sewn shut...

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look too trendy, too young. But works for some I guess.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a slightly shorter jacket if you're going for the fashion-forward look, as long as you don't make it ridiculously short.

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Nothing wrong with a slightly shorter jacket if you're going for the fashion-forward look, as long as you don't make it ridiculously short.

This.

I love my RLBL suit which is a bit shorter than the usual, but a long ways from TB.

EZ

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a short sport coat, by which I mean it's a full 1-2 inches shorter than the rest of my stuff. Sometimes I feel a bit silly in it because I have the impression that my butt is exposed and the buttoning point is too high, but my silhouette in the mirror looks fine and, as has been mentioned, it's very fashion forward at the moment. How long it will continue to be remains to be seen. In the long term, I'd advise against it.

I believe the formula for 'classic' jacket length is (your height in inches/2)-4 = length in inches.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, it looks ill fitted and just no pleasing to the eye. I liek my clothes to look like a know my size and am aware of it, I can't imagine anyone that would purposely wear something to short.

chrisb0109

Reaction score
It looks fine if you've got the figure to pull it off.

Please don't get a jacket with no vents.

chrisb0109

Reaction score
It says tuxedo, or cheap suit to me.

It just seems more flattering to have a vent(s). Especially with a slim fitting suit, were a ventless jacket my constrict the hips.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dia Masoud