• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help Me Find Beautiful Down

allcapitan

Reaction score
I've been looking for some fitted, stylish down jackets or vests. Obviously, everyone is well acquainted with landsend's vests, which are a crazy value, very warm, and very fitted and stylish. I'm looking for something similarly stylish in jacket form.

I've tried various down jackets: landsend has a great down jacket, but it's a bit big, meant to be layered over two or three other layers of clothing. llbean does the job, but it's flat out unattractive. The trendier, shiny jackets are ok.

Let's put it this way: I'm looking for the sterling peacoat of down jackets. Fitted, inexpensive, beautiful.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
crescent down works

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I came across an interesting vest a week or so ago. It's a dark brown suede, wool lined, with goose down sandwiched in the middle.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
RRL during my black friday weekend sale. search over!

Brian SD

Reaction score
jet's gonna hate, but Julius and Lad Musician both have sick down jackets this winter.

JPY exchange rate makes it ****** though

BrooklynHighpost

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ma1
penfield makes some really nice stuff
Yup, and pretty good price. CDW if you have a larger budget. Patagonia is another option, colors are on par with LLBean and Landsend. Nau also make 1 or 2 downs, you can check them out too.

bob99

Reaction score
Canada Goose Japanese line is slim and nice. The Calgary / Manitoba jackets look good, and there are a few vests too.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
jet's gonna hate, but Julius and Lad Musician both have sick down jackets this winter. JPY exchange rate makes it ****** though
+1. If you don't mind paying a bit more, many of these Japanese brands have a lot cooler looking options than LL Bean, Lands End, or South Willard. I recently bought the Diet Butcher down coat shown below and love it, however the total cost ended up at around $1000.
frown.gif
The sleeves and hood detach on the jacket turning it into a vest, so getting 2 pieces in one helped me justify the cost in my mind. Julius MA....
MA_Blouson_Main-660x484.jpg
Diet Butcher Slim Skin....
warm5.jpg

bob99

Reaction score
The Canada Goose was also expensive ($600) but it fits so much better than their other big parkas. Those have their place, for sustained outdoor work, but they're a pretty boxy and gaudy look for normal wear.

Racove

Reaction score
Julius looks sweet. I've had good luck w/ Nau. I have the Blazing Jacket IIRC. very slick and very warm too. not bulky at all.

Django

Reaction score
CDW fit large in my experience (montagne parka and down sweater), quality is top notch but definitely not in the same class of fit as other brands.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Been on a bomber kick lately will cop cdw raf inspired down bomber soon **** fits great on me sized down.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gwendolytriegel