• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hankwx

Reaction score
epaulet,

to be honest, ive been on SF for some time now and ive never payed attention to ur store and ur offerings.

today, for the first time, i got curious and clicked on the styleforum at epaulet party logo. i saw the party pictures that includes all the people, ur store, ur store's layout, and ur products. i have to say, i'm very impressed. i then started reading all the related threads to epaulet and found out about the epaulet x styleforum shirt which ill definitely order. u definitely have nice quality stuff.

thx for sponsoring SF!

cheers,

henry

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by van_hammersly
Any chance any of the new oxfords will be made in XS?

Fo' Sho' I'm not sure if I can make all three colors in every size, but they'll definitely be some XS and XXL on the upcoming delivery.

Originally Posted by hankwx
epaulet,

to be honest, ive been on SF for some time now and ive never payed attention to ur store and ur offerings.

today, for the first time, i got curious and clicked on the styleforum at epaulet party logo. i saw the party pictures that includes all the people, ur store, ur store's layout, and ur products. i have to say, i'm very impressed. i then started reading all the related threads to epaulet and found out about the epaulet x styleforum shirt which ill definitely order. u definitely have nice quality stuff.

thx for sponsoring SF!

cheers,

henry

Hi Henry,

Thanks so much for the kind note. We're working like hell to bring out a steady stream of interesting and quality pieces. We've got a ton of things in the works for the next few months. Glad you dig it!

Cheers,
Mike

cicero79

Reaction score
Shot over a PM over with my choice for Alden's this year. Please check whenever you get a chance. Thanks again for all the advice thus far!

SPK

Reaction score
Hey Mike,

Are you guys planning on making any Charcoal, Black, or Navy shirts soon?

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike,

Got the SF flannel and Nau jacket in the mail today. The Urbane is great -- and it'll see some use real soon, considering that there's a 90% chance of rain for me this weekend. o_O I can definitely see the Neil Barrett comparison, too.

Random question--when you made your buy, did you as a retailer pick an NGO to donate to?

Cheers!
AJ

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SPK
Hey Mike,

Are you guys planning on making any Charcoal, Black, or Navy shirts soon?

Yes, we've got an awesome Navy shirt coming in the next delivery. It's a dark navy brushed cotton with a really subtle black plaid over it. Buttondown collar, chest pocket, dark smoke buttons. Hell M-F'in yeah.

Originally Posted by edubs01
When will the new ties be available?

Oh man, I should have them online next week. Sorry that I've been so slow with these. I promise that it will be worth the wait!

Originally Posted by ahjota
Mike,

Got the SF flannel and Nau jacket in the mail today. The Urbane is great -- and it'll see some use real soon, considering that there's a 90% chance of rain for me this weekend. o_O I can definitely see the Neil Barrett comparison, too.

Random question--when you made your buy, did you as a retailer pick an NGO to donate to?

Cheers!
AJ

Thanks AJ! And thanks to everyone on the forum who recommended Nau. I had never heard of them before and I LOVE their products. We're selling them really well, and I dig their company ethics. The Urbane jacket is killer.

If anyone out there needs a gift for the lady in their life, we're carrying their Down Vest, Down Cocoon Trench, and Down Stole. The Down Stole is bananas.

And no, I didn't get to pick an NGO. I'll ask them about that. Maybe the wholesale contributions all go to the same place.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
dark navy brushed cotton with a really subtle black plaid over it. Buttondown collar, chest pocket, dark smoke buttons.

bounce2.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justtemple
bounce2.gif

Right? I'll have swatches to show you guys next week. This shirt was inspired by a trip to Orvis. I love their "Viyella" shirts, but I'm not so crazy about the Steve Harvey fit. So, this will be a soft outdoor shirt in our usual slim fit.

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a sales associate for an Orvis store, I can attest to the 'M' size being able to fit a small country inside. If I couldn't get Gokey boots for half price I would def be picking up your Thorogoods.

Right? I'll have swatches to show you guys next week. This shirt was inspired by a trip to Orvis. I love their "Viyella" shirts, but I'm not so crazy about the Steve Harvey fit. So, this will be a soft outdoor shirt in our usual slim fit.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before opening Epaulet, I was Lomographic Cameras' product manager for about 7 years. They hooked up a little interview on my shop. I tried to be all clever with my responses.

http://lomography.com/magazine/blog/...e-shop-epaulet

Good ****, Mike. My girl may have finally grown tired of all the cheap, poorly made mall brand clothing she's been living off of for a while now. I've slowly been downgrading my closet, and rebuilding it with higher quality items lately and I think she might finally be ready to start doing the same. I never paid attention to your woman's line, but I love your men's shirting to date obviously so I will be sending her your way. She may even try calling the shop for some general advice, who should I have her speak with to get her on track do you think? Ask for you or the fiance?

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, I remember you saying that it's hard to find jeans that fit due to your awesomely muscular legs, but I didn't realize what you meant until I saw that last photo in your interview. You could knock down buildings with a well placed roundhouse kick!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewsFred