• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the double leather soul for your Indy collab going to be left natrual or dyed?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cicero79
i'll be shipping off for a stint for the Peace Corps prior to law school, but i'll be joining a fellowship program through UCLA so I know i'll have to step the wardrobe a bit while i'm a part of it.

where you going for peace corps? i had an ex from UVA who went to paraguay

Originally Posted by kelvinsense
did you get into the fellowship program already? I'm writing my personal essay for it right now. Hopefully see you there!!

as a current 1L, good luck to both of you... so much reading!!!

Originally Posted by Epaulet
Hmmm, if you're not washing your jeans, then it's possible that they'll stain the stock Indy boots - as the leather is a medium brown color. The work boot will definitely do the trick, and it's tough as hell. The horsehide is pretty dark, so I expect that any indigo staining would be minimum. And if it does happen, then it will probably just add to the boot's charm.

yeah i would agree with mike. just pick up two pairs if you can afford it. I just picked up the context Alden Roy Boot and they are great. I will likely wear these mostly with raw denim. if you get the workboot and its as dark as it shows in that pic you should be fine. slap some obeanufs on it and snowseal even. i agree it will just add to the character of the boot.

mike im excited to see the collab between you and farinellis!!!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude

mike im excited to see the collab between you and farinellis!!!

Holy shite Pierce - you heard about that already? I just finished eating pancakes, eggs, and bacon with Mauro. Man, news travels fast!

Yes, we're going to move really fast on this one and get everyone involved from the start. We should have some sketches and info to post next week.

Danke,
Mike

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are we allowed to ask what the collab is? Like, can you tell us, "This will be one of your favorite ____ ever." See, in that blank area, you say something like "shirts" or "jackets" or "cod pieces."

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Are we allowed to ask what the collab is? Like, can you tell us, "This will be one of your favorite ____ ever." See, in that blank area, you say something like "shirts" or "jackets" or "cod pieces."

Absolutely - it will be one of your favorite woolen shirt-jackets ever!

Mauro and I worked out a sketch over pancakes. And we've got ridiculously nice fabric to use for the shell and liner. We'll put together a thread and run all the details by you guys.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mauro and I worked out a sketch over pancakes. And we've got ridiculously nice fabric to use for the shell and liner. We'll put together a thread and run all the details by you guys.

So...no cod pieces?

I guess if it's a woolen shirt-jacket I'll still be interested...
laugh.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
So...no cod pieces?

I guess if it's a woolen shirt-jacket I'll still be interested...
laugh.gif

See, and that's exactly what I pitched to Mauro! One in molded high-gloss red plastic.

7863.jpg

But Mauro was so damn conservative, he was like "I don't know, maybe a wool shirt jacket would be better." He always gets his way.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, I found all kinds of good pics looking for that Larry Blackmon codpiece image. I'm surprised that no one has thought to do a Cameo-inspired collection. Opening Ceremony should be all over this.

Cameo-Word_Up%21_%28album_cover%29.jpg

Inspiration via cod piece...men's fashion is a beautiful thing.
laugh.gif

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

YES! I've been looking for a wool shirt/jac for a while now, and I'm sure you and Maruo will do a great job.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You know me, always willing to whore myself over affiliate collab ****.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about the neck size on the xl. It seems that the average XL person would not be able to button the collar. I'm like a 7in neck and usually an XL. are they made this way becasue they are not meant to be buttoned and worn open and casual?

ivan k

Reaction score
Do one of your parents happen to be a giraffe?
wink.gif
The measurement is the circumference of your neck. Or maybe you just left out a 1? The neck on the XL is 16 1/2 which, I believe, is pretty standard for a 22" pit-to-pit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads