• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are the stereotypes of New Jersey people?

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I hear that everybody who has never left New Jersey thinks it is great.
It is decidedly superior to Missouri and southern Arizona. Most of the flyover country, I would imagine.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i think most of the hate comes from south jersey. bergen county is nice

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
To a West Coast Italian, all **** east of the Mississippi are guidos. You should visit Eastchester.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i think most of the hate comes from south jersey. bergen county is nice

100% of the people I know from Bergen County are awesome.

Hazad

Reaction score
As a former South Jersey resident, the nay-sayers can piss off. We had 0 guidos, low crime, clean beaches, no horribly blighted areas like everything along the turnpike and anything you could want to do is relatively close-by. Also, our auto insurance rates are stupidly high thanks to the unwashed masses in north jersey.

North Jersey is the bastard child of NYC.

blackjack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Vid takes about 30 seconds to get good.

Wildwood. It's different. Every night, it's different.

"...I'm probably going to be with her for the rest of the summer!"

laugh.gif

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
South Jersey, save the Piney-folk, has some very nice areas.

Monmouth County is the nicest area that I spend considerable amounts of time in. Red Bank, Rumson, Monmouth Beach, Sea Bright, and the revitalized areas of Long Branch all have their strong points.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pseudonym
Check this out for guido pleasure:

I like Krystal at the 2:55 mark the best. She likes to dance on bars.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bergen County FTW.

It's funny because most of them only know NJ from what they have seen on TV or just hop on some stupid bandwagon. I love when people from NYC criticize NJ when NYC is just tons of congestion, taxi cabs constantly honking, bags of garbage piling up on the sidewalk, and dog **** and piss smeared all over the sidewalks. Welcome to New York.

gilwood

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RyJ Maduro
South Jersey, save the Piney-folk, has some very nice areas.

I once broke down in Egg Harbor City, which is in South Jersey. The cops there helped me push my car to the side of the road from the left lane where I waited an hour and a half for AAA to show up. While waiting, 6 people stopped by and offered me their cellphones, mechanic help, etc. I was shocked by the kindness of the people down there. I wished North Jersey people were half as kind as the people down there.

I took another trip to NYC yesterday and I had my eyes open this time. I usually just shut off my brain to anything I see there and dismiss it as "The City". I have no idea how anyone lives there. First thing I see was a huge bright orange and white striped pipe blowing this stinky steam out of the ground. I can just imagine apartments that lived above this. I saw a garbage can that was buried under a mountain of garbage, I only knew it was a garbage can because a small part of the rim was peeking through. A big drip hit me from one of the buildings above and I don't think it was water. Piles of garbage bags everywhere including strange household items. Dog cr*p & Vomit smeared from someone stepping on it on the sidewalk. Taxi cabs blowing their horns, while creaking by on lousy shocks and blowing grey smoke out their tailpipes. Rats bounding across the sidewalk like it's their right of way. A chef cooking a meal while a dead cockroach is literally inches from his hand (That I saw on a past trip). Everyone talking in a different language, and yet noone acknowledging the presence of others ...and through all of this disgustingness, beautiful models walking by probably reciting "I love the city, I love the city" in their heads like some sort of mantra. It's the epitome of Greed (not just monetary) that brings these people here... but hey, honestly, that's why I was there too.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
travis-bickle.jpg

Travis?

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Some guy, who apparently left New Jersey and went to a lot of different places, had this to say:

That reminds me of the Bloodhound Gang's song "The 10 coolest things about New Jersey".

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gilwood
I once broke down in Egg Harbor City, which is in South Jersey. The cops there helped me push my car to the side of the road from the left lane where I waited an hour and a half for AAA to show up. While waiting, 6 people stopped by and offered me their cellphones, mechanic help, etc. I was shocked by the kindness of the people down there. I wished North Jersey people were half as kind as the people down there..

What about the hooker murders?
confused.gif

This thread =
deadhorse-a.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics