• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are the stereotypes of New Jersey people?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gilwood
You must be joking right? one word: Meat market.
You mean Meatpacking District?
plain.gif

Fantastic representation of what New York City is about....
facepalm.gif

Oh... and that's two words actually...

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm just bitter about getting shot down from friday night. Blow to my ego, y'know
blush.gif

We've all been there man...I hate all girls from Kansas City.
facepalm.gif

My wife is from Jersey, Edison...pretty cool.

dsgNYC

Reaction score
You must be joking right? one word: Meat market.

Oh yeah, I get shot down there all the time too.
facepalm.gif

You like it, teh NYC?
laugh.gif

tc6

Reaction score
Jersey's got everything. I live in Bergen County, but I'd prefer somewhere more down South. North Jersey is congested in most middle-class areas, whereas in Central Jersey (Morristown, Edison, the Brunswicks) everything is a little more spread out yet everything is conveneint. I pretty much roam a lot of Jersey every week....(work in Paramus, go to college in Newark, and party in New Brunswick on the weekends). A lot of Jersey is ******, but the pros outweigh the cons heavily. The craziest thing I find about Jersey, is in the span of 3 miles you could go from the poorest area to the richest. For example, following Main St in Passiac all the way up to Paramus/Ridgefield/Oradell.

However, once I graduate and get a job, I'm gonna move to NYC as fast as I can lol

thenickelfit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tc6
Jersey's got everything. I live in Bergen County, but I'd prefer somewhere more down South. North Jersey is congested in most middle-class areas, whereas in Central Jersey (Morristown, Edison, the Brunswicks) everything is a little more spread out yet everything is conveneint. I pretty much roam a lot of Jersey every week....(work in Paramus, go to college in Newark, and party in New Brunswick on the weekends). A lot of Jersey is ******, but the pros outweigh the cons heavily. The craziest thing I find about Jersey, is in the span of 3 miles you could go from the poorest area to the richest. For example, following Main St in Passiac all the way up to Paramus/Ridgefield/Oradell. However, once I graduate and get a job, I'm gonna move to NYC as fast as I can lol
Was just at Century 21 @ Bergen Center..place looks totally different..bobby's burgers sucks. white manna FTW i hear you about central/south jersey.. might as well be a different state. after enough time further south though, you get sick of the slower pace, plus northeast jersey just a has a lot more character for better or worse, much derived from the faster pace and general intensity.

Ge Fuzz

Reaction score
was this chick wearing a scrunchy? Jersey rules! you can still go to Willowbrook Mall and buy capezios and a B.U.M. sweatshirt. Patterson is not the only NYer official to diss Jersey to paraphrase Giulliani, 'my Italian immigrant father never intended to go to New Jersey'

bigboy

Reaction score
Just saying "Jersey" brings on feelings of nescience, inadequateness (that's a word right?), and outright shame.
bigstar[1].gif

My father lives in "Jersey." I will not visit for that very reason.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigboy
Just saying "Jersey" brings on feelings of nescience, inadequateness (that's a word right?), and outright shame.
bigstar[1].gif

My father lives in "Jersey." I will not visit for that very reason.

Maybe you have feelings of inadequateness because you are just, well, inadequate. It probably has nothing to do with Jersey.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thenickelfit
Was just at Century 21 @ Bergen Center..place looks totally different..bobby's burgers sucks. white manna FTW

White manna is mediocre at best. I would rather got to the Five Guys down the street than be cramped in that little shack that only seats 6 with 20 people above fire code inside. inside.

I remember a deli in my town decided to make mini burgers like white manna and put them to shame. We used to eat them like three times a week in high school. I should get them again sometime soon...

dcsenge

Reaction score
I mean have you guys never seen "My New Haircut" Or "The Return Of The Broski". If not just search either of those names on youtube, I mean 25 million hits does not lie. I mean Jersey nightlife Is filled with what we call Guidos. I'm sure you know what that term is. I am aware that not everyone is like that, but it is specific to that location and quite frankly makes it that group a laughing stock. I'm sure your better, but realize that a guido is not just an Italian tanning jacked up douche. Never be to full of yourself. ~Derek

dunelly

Reaction score
south jersey is a dump
I like how camden is 3 miles down from cherry hill.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They bump into NYC locals in the subway, then yell at them.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They don't like wearing suits.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads