• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hot Dogs

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hellbound

Reaction score
Pink's is like some mecca for Americana Hotdog connoisseurs. I'd love to go there if I was in the neighborhood but I'm way impatient when it comes to long lines , and I know I'd end up splittin'

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ The times that there isn't a line is around 10:00 a.m. I mean who wants to eat hot dogs at that hour. It's amazing how people will fall in line for hours. Most of them are tourists though.

Hellbound

Reaction score
10 am is definitley not Hot Dog time. Maybe 6-7 am, only cause' ya been out drinkin' all night, and hell, when yer in the bag most anything is tasty.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Pink's is meh. I think of it more of a local phenomenon that's a mecca because it's a tradition for late night eats after partying. There are better hot dogs around -- The Stand, for one. I think Dodger Dogs are pretty mediocre.

My personal hot dog/bratwurst/hot link mecca will always be Top Dog in Berkeley. That's partially colored by nostalgia because it was a college staple, but the dogs (and the buns) are pretty damn good. It's close to work for me, but it would never occur to me to run over there for lunch. But to each their own, obviously.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
Well last time I ate a hot dog it was because of how it tastes, not how it looks. Nothing compares to a ripper from rutts.

most neon-colored food is unappetizing to me.

I saw that place on the Travel Channel! it looks delicious.

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
You guys have really let your culture slide.

Why that? Currywurst has been popular since the 1950s.
wink.gif

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redtree00
Nothing like a deep fried Jersey dog

3450.jpg

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Over...spx?RefID=1362

Originally Posted by fcuknu
Well last time I ate a hot dog it was because of hot it tastes, not how it looks. Nothing compares to a ripper from rutts.

This looks like a Rutt Hut Ripper. Here's a good link (no pun intended): http://www.hollyeats.com/JerseyDogs.htm

se also" http://www.hollyeats.com/HotDogPage.htm

Vaclav has also posted quite eloquently on the subject of hot dogs.

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While not technically a hot dog, it's in the same spirit:

Choripán: chorizo sausage on baguette with chimichurri

imagephp3.jpg

145604162fff9d256b4jpg.jpg

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For something unusual but good, Japadog in downtown Vancouver outside the Sutton. Daikon on a dog? Much better than it sounds.

Random photos from some blogs on the interwebz:

japadog.jpg

pA1uiNlFcjttwiplVKioSaIgo1_500.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekonomist

imagephp3.jpg

That sounds delicious. The "hot dogs" in France are half a baguette with two frankfurters and tons of grated gruyere on top, they put it in the oven for a couple minutes to melt the gruyere and you eat it with dijon and ketchup - they don't have any of the other toppings (sauerkraut, relish, etc...). It's not bad

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
greekonomist that looks tasty

also pinks is ****

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
That sounds delicious. The "hot dogs" in France are half a baguette with two frankfurters and tons of grated gruyere on top, they put it in the oven for a couple minutes to melt the gruyere and you eat it with dijon and ketchup - they don't have any of the other toppings (sauerkraut, relish, etc...). It's not bad

I had something similar to this in Paris. It was amazing. No cheese, no condiments, just a hotdog and a baguette roll, pigs in a blanket style.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekonomist

imagephp3.jpg

We made this tonight after seeing the pic. Delicious.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bashar