• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zink & Sons Tailors in Sydney

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foulard
Urgent. Make sure you ask if the Jacket is fused or fully canvassed. Apparently unless you specify fully canvassed, its fused. Having said that had a recent wander in their and I found them to be quite friendly!!!! Very pleasantly surprised. I might go back there again. Let me know about the jacket. He's got some great fabrics just sitting there ready to go.

I always make sure beforehand to insist on full canvassing, in our email discussions and when I'm there in person.

Originally Posted by Journeyman
Just a gentle suggestion, but perhaps you should wait until your suit is finished first so as to ensure that you're happy with it, before you order a second item.

They did so well with the first fitting already that I'm happy to move forward with another commission from them. Second fitting for my dark grey PoW suit this coming week.

foulard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
I always make sure beforehand to insist on full canvassing, in our discussions and when I'm there in person.

They did so well with the first fitting already that I'm happy to move forward with another commission from them. Second fitting for my dark grey PoW suit this coming week.

I'm going to start a new thread about my experience so far with Adamo Marone.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had my second fitting today. Just a slight tweak needed in the shoulders and everything is right to go. Trousers were perfect. Robert Jones showed me the full canvassing on my jacket and a half canvassed jacket he's working on for someone else. Chose a lovely navy Holland & Sherry fabric (with dark brown horn buttons) for my sport coat. Spent a good 20-30 minutes chatting with Daniel Jones about everything from bespoke tailoring (and the proliferation of fake bespoke online houses that have appeared in Australia over the last few years) to politics. Am having a wonderful experience so far, I can highly recommend it.

foulard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
Had my second fitting today. Just a slight tweak needed in the shoulders and everything is right to go. Trousers were perfect. Robert Jones showed me the full canvassing on my jacket and a half canvassed jacket he's working on for someone else. Chose a lovely navy Holland & Sherry fabric (with dark brown horn buttons) for my sport coat. Spent a good 20-30 minutes chatting with Daniel Jones about everything from bespoke tailoring (and the proliferation of fake bespoke online houses that have appeared in Australia over the last few years) to politics. Am having a wonderful experience so far, I can highly recommend it.

I'm happy to hear it. Good for you. When its done, make sure to post photos immediately without further ado.
smile.gif

neyus

Reaction score
I'm eagerly awaiting the finished result.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be picking it up in around 2-3 weeks time. We thought we'd time it with my first fitting for my sport coat, to save me a trip up.

Yes, I'll definitely share the finished result here in this thread.

foulard

Reaction score
Here is a quick photo of my zink & sons db H&S which is now almost 12 years old! Sorry about the picture quality of second photo. Baby was licking the lense at the time.

foulard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
Looks very nice, though you're right sleeve appears to be shorter than the left on both pics. Maybe it's the shirt length that's out though?

well spotted, but yes its because my shirt was stuck behind the watch I was wearing. The sleeves are the same length.

devlinse

Reaction score
I lived in Sydney until Sep 2008. Just before I relocated to the UK, I had 3 work shirts made which I was delighted with at the time.

Having been worn day in, day out there's little sign of wear and tear, and I'm just about to order a new set.

Suit wise, I can't personally comment but a friend was a regular customer. Work wise, he's pretty dapper and was the chap who pointed me to them in the first instance. He'd neither have recommended them to me, nor returned if the results weren't precisely what he'd wanted.

Cheers

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my grey PoW suit and have worn it since. I think it looks excellent. Just have to get the wife to take some piccies. My sport jacket will also be complete soon.

As I surmised elsewhere on this forum (and now confirmed by Daniel Jones), but Daniel Jones of Zink & Sons learned coat making at UTS from Bijan, as well as on the job from his father Robert.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads