• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zee's Leatherware & Shoe Co.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Custom designed jodphurs off a last I carved myself. More Western looking than I thought but will work for casual wear.

Last edited:

sadkfjaskfaj

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm thinking of spending up to HK $3000 on a nice plain black captoe oxford.

Which of the follwoing bespoke shoemakers would give me the best quality? Thanks:

Zee's

Mayer

Maylin

bk123

Reaction score

New pair of wholecuts from zee's. The fit is pretty good and leather quality is decent for the price. However, I find the toe stiffener a bit long for my liking.

jonkuok

Reaction score
These are really nice shoes.

Cant believe I've been in HK for so long and have never heard of Zees, will definitely give them a try.

Really want to ask everyone where they get their shoe accessories supplies in Hong Kong?

I really need a good shoe tree for my US size 12.5 foot which is extra wide/thick, or can Zees just give me my last?

I usually just get the cream polish and other supplies at the mtr shoe shop, if anyone have a better recommendations please let me know by pm, dont want to hijack this thread.

Will order and post photos after CNY

hugh51271

Reaction score
I had a pair of boots (and suede loafers - blake stitched) made with the Dainite sole.
I was disappointed to see that the stitching was a 'top stitch'. The likes of AE do the same so it is not exclusive.

A cobbler told me this after I asked about being able to modify them with a channel:

There isn’t a way to protect the stitches unfortunately when it’s a top stitch and really what holds the sole on at that point is just the glue. A channel stitch can be added but only during the resoling process at a reputable cobbler who will do it. Factory re-crafting from AE and other brands will not channel stitch them as well as a hand full of cobblers so if you want the stitches on your new Dainite soles to sit inside a channel you would have to take or ship it to a cobbler that will do it.

I also wanted them a little rounder at the toe than the more pointed style, same with the loafers....

Attachments

• LVCbKPteT3L8H52FdR2HBSPJ.jpg
    LVCbKPteT3L8H52FdR2HBSPJ.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 39
  • fWKBLP9bNMKHh0P1XfUS5beY.jpg
    fWKBLP9bNMKHh0P1XfUS5beY.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 446
  • 9J3K0H0VFV5FUhRT6HM3Y1d8.jpg
    9J3K0H0VFV5FUhRT6HM3Y1d8.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 460

sadkfjaskfaj

Reaction score
Got a pair of oxfords and loafers made by Zee’s.
Very satisfied. Excellent service, shoes delivered on time.
HKD 2000 for each of the loafers/oxfords. I think their boots are HKD 2500.
Goodyear welted, great French leather (I think from D’Annonay? Not sure if my spelling is right).

nice guy too. They’re good friends with Lee Baron and this good shoe repair shop in central (shine on?)

Highly recommended.

Last edited:

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
Pump! I've had two pairs made by Zee's (deerskin, fish skin) with satisfactory results

@Fishball or anyone else, have you ever had Zee make shoes using your own lasts / midsole / outsole and where would you source them? Been contemplating that.

hugh51271

Reaction score
I wonder how they fared in HK during the last 3 years?
I would assume orders were thin on the ground.

hugh51271

Reaction score
Feels like there has been a change or two. The old Facebook page has gone, and they have a new one, with not much on it.
I recall checking out the old one around the time I posted the previous message and thinking something was amiss. Almost like it had been hacked.
Has anyone in HK or passing through, been in recently?

korektphool

Reaction score
I last visited in November 2022 to get a resole of a pair of boots made in 2011. On a side note, these boots have probably been worn once per week for the last ~12 years and are still going strong; with last year's resole, the uppers will probably last 12 more years.

I can also confirm it's the same owner / store manager in TST.

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
Zee is pretty much one of the last local shoemakers in town. Yes, the term "shoemaker" is used loosely; their workshop is in the country nearby.

Glad they're still around. Zee looks grumpy / intimidating at first but is a nice old man

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads