• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yummy gloves. Was looking at the black pair today.
they are nice, and selling well
and now you can get them with additional 25% off for the weekend
Styleforum Code that runs from now till Monday night

newSF.jpg

The last 25% off SF code was for Pants only, this is For all Categories with no exclusions

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
- THE MAKING OF THE MINIMALIST SLIM PANTS -
-- TRUE ARTISANAL WORK PROCESSES --

One of the great Joys of owning Zfactorie is that I can come to the workrooms on any given morning and decide to adjust/ rearrange the schedule as needed
We are working in the "between season" items now (along with 2 capsules) and I decided to give a real time coverage of preparing of a pair of minimalist slim pants sample in the New heavy Linen(s) that we offered the preorder on.

The pants is in process of being made now, and will be ready with both pictures and measurements before the end of the day. Full production will be done early next week and be ready for shipping on Wednesday

here is some activity getting sampling done today:

DSC05180.JPG

cutting going on of pattern laid onto the fabric

DSC05183.JPG

the Body and Parts are Cut out to prepare for sewing

DSC05184.JPG

The Pants is overlocked and sewing has began

DSC05185.JPG

DSC05186.JPG

DSC05187.JPG

Dyebath is already prepared for stage one of our two stage dyeing process

DSC05188.JPG

Dyebath number 2 is prepared and being heated for stage 2 of the dying/ color curing process

DSC05189.JPG

Fly pieces and buttonholes are already being made for assembly

these were earlier today, at the moment the pants is about 80% complete and once done will go directly to the dyebath...

Last edited:

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ive been eyeing the high neck inner leather. My only worry is the 52 not fitting me since i ended up having to size up on the leather henrikson to a custom 54!

Any other comments on the fit of the inner jacket (or any ZB outerwear for that matter)? All I own are ZB bottoms. Are they generally much slimmer? Like recent Rick Owens...I have to size up because they run extra small

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any other comments on the fit of the inner jacket (or any ZB outerwear for that matter)? All I own are ZB bottoms. Are they generally much slimmer? Like recent Rick Owens...I have to size up because they run extra small
we sold a good bit of outerwear this season

Asymmetric lapel Coat.
Sold out of Tri Zip Leather in Maroon
Sold Several of the Henriksson in Bison
and a good bit if the Empodicles Hoodie
the Grey Cashmere Coat we sold two before they were listed

We havent sold any of the black
the Inner Leather we sold only two.

Its a great Jacket....
@Noctone has one of the earlier Iterations in Calf and im sure several people have the horween horse leather version and could comment
this seasons version is on the stiffer side and needs breaking in, but its a great jacket. I have one in 48 and I love it even if I haven worn it much

inner zam.jpg

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The blue-ish jacket? that surprises me, it looked awesome.
this is the reason we will be offering certain cervices and doing pop ups etc. these things are better seen in person and tried on ,
Sometimes great garments languish because of bad pictures, too large/ small for the model and a myriad of other reasons.

that Inner Leather is one of the best leathers we ever made. the blue is dark enough (with hints of black) and goes well with other colors including black. but the pictures..............again, the pictures

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
the pictures for the MINIMALIST SLIM PANTS IN HEAVY LINEN ARE UP.

there will be two variants of the pants.
(1) the HERRINGBONE, WHICH IS SHOWN IN THE PICTURE
(2) PLAIN WEAVE - NOT SHOWN

Both options are identical weight. we will do 9 pairs max. 4 in the herringbone iteration and up to 5 in the Plain weave heavy linen.
regardless of the pre-order (of which we have only one Person) the close of is tomorrow at 9 pm and we go to production on monday with them ready for shipping on Wednesday/ Thursday of next week.

her are the measurements

waist.........................16
thigh.........................11
Front rise..................10
Inseam....................38
Hem........................6.75

waist.........................17
thigh.........................11.5
Front rise..................10.25
Hem........................7

waist.........................18
thigh.........................12
Front rise..................10.25
Hem........................7.25

waist.........................19
thigh.........................12.5
Front rise..................10.75
Hem........................7.5

waist.........................19.75
thigh.........................13
Front rise..................11.25
Hem........................7.5

if you need 44 that is to b discussed / If interested PM me directly here /

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
there will be several between season pieces coming while we work on the first two capsules which will be Artisanal Corporate and Re-View |n| Re-Vise |m|
we wont show the process in the way we did this, but thought it fun thing to give you all a behind the scenes view of what is possible from our workrooms

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one from a few years back and I'm assuming the fit is essentially the same now. I'm more or less a standard 38 US, but I usually wear 46 in Zam's tops (except Henriksson items, which run a bit slimmer and I size up to 48 for). The inner leather I have is a size 48 and fits well, although I'm pretty sure I could've taken it in 46 and been fine. 48 has enough room that I can layer a hoodie or some other thick layer underneath. Dunno if any of these references will help but I usually wear: IV in Schneider, 2 in Attachment, 48 in Eidos, Lemaire, Geller and Forme, and S in SEH Kelly and Leder.

e: here's a pic from a few years back
LlIOa8vl.jpg

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Zamb I really want that inner jacket do you think the 52 would be too small though? I know you mentioned that it's not cut as slim as the Henrikson. My current Henrikson in 54 is loose enough to wear a hoodie under. This ideally would be slimmer than that but not as slim as a 52 Henrikson ideally

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Zamb I really want that inner jacket do you think the 52 would be too small though? I know you mentioned that it's not cut as slim as the Henrikson. My current Henrikson in 54 is loose enough to wear a hoodie under. This ideally would be slimmer than that but not as slim as a 52 Henrikson ideally
@Benesyed
the body of it is not tight, i generally wear a 58 and the one i have now is 48, so it should be fine for you in size 52.

I am going to send you a PM

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I will be away for most of the day but just a few reminders to those who read here

1. the SF25 Code is still active for Zfactorie, it give you 25% off of the items already marked down, with several items restocked

2. Heavy Linen Slim pants special order cuts off tonight at 9 pm. pictures and measurements are posted here in the thread. just send me a PM if you are interested

3. Let me get a count on those genuinely interested in the Inner Leather Jacket. i might be able to do something for the community here in terms of a small GROUP BUY

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads