• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got my minimalist 2.0 wool DNA trousers today, really awesome.

I know my pictures suck, so I spoilered them. I think I know why though, some dust has worked its way under the lens on my phone, so everything comes out kinda blurry and weird now.

Definitely fit slimmer than the minimalist heavy linen trousers in the same size. Slimmer thigh and waist, also the rise I think is a bit lower. Though I guess comparing is kind of hard given that the cuts are totally different.

Really like the DNA's though, I've never had anything with a curved leg before. Fit very close, but because of the cut there is plenty of room in the knees so they don't feel tight when I sit down. Stuff this slim tends to get knee bags for me, but I don't think these will.

I also have a blazer in a similar looking wool fabric, so I'm going to wear them together and totally going to pretend its a suit.

Also the pics of the new heavy linen trousers above make me realize that I def need to go get the seat and waist taken in on mine. Maybe the thigh a bit also.

Got my minimalist 2.0 wool DNA trousers today, really awesome.

I know my pictures suck, so I spoilered them. I think I know why though, some dust has worked its way under the lens on my phone, so everything comes out kinda blurry and weird now.

Definitely fit slimmer than the minimalist heavy linen trousers in the same size. Slimmer thigh and waist, also the rise I think is a bit lower. Though I guess comparing is kind of hard given that the cuts are totally different.

Really like the DNA's though, I've never had anything with a curved leg before. Fit very close, but because of the cut there is plenty of room in the knees so they don't feel tight when I sit down. Stuff this slim tends to get knee bags for me, but I don't think these will.

I also have a blazer in a similar looking wool fabric, so I'm going to wear them together and totally going to pretend its a suit.

Also the pics of the new heavy linen trousers above make me realize that I def need to go get the seat and waist taken in on mine. Maybe the thigh a bit also.

happy to know they arrived

they look great, wish you had better pics but i understand.

i think you should have sized down to a 46 in the minimalist Slim Pants. the fabric of the first iteration is softer and has more 'give" than the newer one we are selling now, which is slightly lighter, but holds shape as its more rigid (dry) in structure than the previous.

For Spring there will be a DNA in Cotton Stretch, really nice.
A lot of Spring items are finished already, and we are making others now.
First release will be up on Zfactorie soon.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
i think ideally, for many of zam's pants offerings, my ideal size would be a 46 waist with 44 legs :nodding: :nodding:

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
i think ideally, for many of zam's pants offerings, my ideal size would be a 46 waist with 44 legs
nod[1].gif
nod[1].gif

how did the ones you got work out for you?
legs to loose?

based on your assessment, I think the new Minimalist Slim Pants might be good for you

I will send you a PM later this evening

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
they're pretty much perfect through the leg. maybe a bit more taper from the calf down so the stacks are a little neater, but that's a very minor gripe.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tricontinental J pants arrived and they are perfect. Maybe could ask for a sliver more thigh space so i could jam my fat wallet in my pants but otherwise excellent :slayer::slayer:

Will have to post a fit pic some time soon

Lohikaarme

Reaction score
Zam seems to cut more for guys who are stocky/have a larger lower-half. I try to make the pants work. Usually that means a tailor
tounge.gif
Otherwise all my cool calf stacks become sloppy ankle pools.

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Zam seems to cut more for guys who are stocky/have a larger lower-half.  I try to make the pants work.  Usually that means a tailor :tounge:  Otherwise all my cool calf stacks become sloppy ankle pools.

Depends on the cut and I took a size up!

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Zam seems to cut more for guys who are stocky/have a larger lower-half. I try to make the pants work. Usually that means a tailor
tounge.gif
Otherwise all my cool calf stacks become sloppy ankle pools.

@Lohikaarme

We make an exceptional wide range of pants with a wide assortment of fits that works for different body types. On top of this there is also the possibility to request slight adjustments of an item before its shipped. The wool DNA does not stretch so its better purchased to ones size. there has been and will be a cotton version with good stretch and customers can size down with this one to make it work.
The Current Season Ridge Seam DNA in Stretch Cotton is a good example f a pants where one can size down for a slimmer fit
Depends on the cut and I took a size up!

Exactly.
Pants like Soft J's. // Minimalist Slim Pants // Selvedge lock slim Jeans etc are very slim and actually works better on Slimmer/ skinny guys

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

-- ITEM RESTOCK --

we are pleased to announce that after our inventory update the following items have been restocked and are available for purchase:
  1. TRI CONTINENTAL SOFT J PANTS - SIZE 48 / 50​
  2. MINIMALIST DNA PLANTS - WOOL - 44-50​
  3. RIDGE SEAM DNA PANTS - COTTON STRETCH - 44 -50​
  4. PIPED PERIPATHETIC SHORTS - 44-52​
  5. FAULTED SHOULDER SLIM SHIRT - OVERDYED GREY PRINT 44/ 46/ 50​
  6. HIGH NECK MINIMALIST LEATHER JACKET - 44/ 46 /48 / 50​

TRI CONTINENTAL SOFT J PANTS
SIZE 48 / 50​

-- MINIMALIST DNA PANTS IN BLACK WOOL --
SIZE 44 -50

-- TAILORED RIDGE SEAM DNA PANTS - COTTON STRETCH --
SIZES 44-50

-- PERIPATETIC SHORTS - BLACK --
SIZES 44-50

-- FAULTED SHOULDER PRINT --
SIZES 44// 46// 50

-- HIGH NECK MINIMALIST LEATHER JACKET --
SIZES 44 -50

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bit slimmer throughout the leg iirc.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

how will the Minimalist DNA Wool fit me at a 50 if I take the 50 in the Minimalist Slim Linen?

slimmer through the leg and because it curves through the leg, it fits even slimmer from the knee down. you might have to size up to get it to fit properly through the leg if you like how the minimalist slim linen fits you through the leg.

Last edited:

ClambakeSkate

Reaction score

slimmer through the leg and because it curves through the leg, it fits even slimmer from the knee down. you might have to size up to get it to fit properly through the leg if you like how the minimalist slim linen fits you through the leg.

yes... but what about how it fits through the leg?

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
yes... but what about how it fits through the leg?

LOL

From the thigh down to the knees the pants fit pretty normal, even though the spiral seam begin there. the stacks and slimness gets more aggressive below the knee because the spiral is more aggressive in that region.
the thing is, its comfortable there because the curve turns the fabric of the pants on the bias of the fabric, giving you more "give" (a slight stretch) in that area.
Its possible to tighten the leg or the pants and create more stacks below the knee by slightly twisting the seams.

there will be a tropical weight wool version for Spring 2017 along with black stretch cotton.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads