• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yuketen Footwear

Rookoobay

Reaction score
anyone have experience with the cortina soles? I picked these up in my usual Yuketen size and intend to wear them with thicker socks, but there's some heel slip. wondering if it's mostly due to the stiffness of the sole/midsole out of the box - I doubt I could fit a half size down.

20224PM-Bit-Loafer-DB-w-Cortina-Sole,-FO-Snuff-x-G-Brown.jpeg

AceHarding

Reaction score
anyone have experience with the cortina soles? I picked these up in my usual Yuketen size and intend to wear them with thicker socks, but there's some heel slip. wondering if it's mostly due to the stiffness of the sole/midsole out of the box - I doubt I could fit a half size down.

View attachment 1752844
Heel slip should subside after you break them in, I don't have specific experience with this sole though.

hendrix2112

Reaction score
Anyone have any advice on sizing for the Blucher Rockers?

I bought this model https://www.yuketen.com/blucher-rocker-with-kiltie-fo-229-21fw in 8US (usually 8.5 in Bannock, wear 9 in New Balance but was advised to size down)

yuk1.jpg

but my heel was slipping out of the shoe so easily and foot was moving around so much so I exchanged them then bought a 7.5 in this very similar model https://www.yuketen.com/blucher-rocker-with-kiltie-fo-240-21fw
yuk11.jpg

And now this model is so tight, borderline painful. Uh oh. Still lots of heel slip and a lot of pressure on the upper top side of my foot.

Do you guys think I should stick it out with the 7.5s or did I make a mistake by getting rid of the 8s before they were worn in? Maybe they wouldn't have fallen off my feet so easily if I just wore them more?

Appreciate any help

Rookoobay

Reaction score
I returned the ones above because I was worried the heel slip wouldn't subside as much as I wanted. they don't have the support of laces like the blucher tho.

Yuketen sizing varies by model so an 8 in one style doesn't necessarily mean a 7.5 in another will fit. sounds like neither of those shoes fit you.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heel shape is really nice on the all handsewn boots. I can wear these totally unlaced without heel slip even though the overall fit isn't great.

Gu79V7K.jpg

fwL7SKL.jpg

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi folks! New to this forum. I am tempted by these and would like some real world sizing advice, please.

I am considering a Yuketen 11, seeing as I am a UK 10 in Trickers, C&J et al. US 11 in Doc Martens as well if that is a decent reference. Am I sizing correctly?

AceHarding

Reaction score
Hi folks! New to this forum. I am tempted by these and would like some real world sizing advice, please.

I am considering a Yuketen 11, seeing as I am a UK 10 in Trickers, C&J et al. US 11 in Doc Martens as well if that is a decent reference. Am I sizing correctly?
I would shoot them an email if you're unsure, but I'm a 9.5 brannock and sized down one and it worked well for me.

AceHarding

Reaction score
How does the Rocker sole hold up durability wise in everyone's experience? I've been wearing mine in sidewalk/indoor environments and they're holding up well with minor heel wear. Comfort is fantastic.

I also tested them on ice through the winter and found that they never really inspired confidence to use them extensively in particularly icy conditions

Attachments

• 20220213_130316.jpg
    20220213_130316.jpg
    573.5 KB · Views: 87

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first dive into Yuketen and I'm hooked (funny story, store only sent the left quatro boot but is sending the right one immediately haha) I couldn't get the full feeling without the right boot too, BUT they might end up more comfortable than the shearling ones

20220426_125155.jpg
20220427_122820.jpg
20220427_124111.jpg

Samir

Reaction score
I love the low cut version of those Quatro boots without the bandana print - such a nice pattern of colors

Vamp-ire

Reaction score
Scored these for $160 off a friend of a friend, from the 2012 release on Opening Ceremony. Unsure I like the color, was thinking of dying the lighter brown but unsure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220428-001833_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220428-001833_Facebook.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 120

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Scored these for $160 off a friend of a friend, from the 2012 release on Opening Ceremony. Unsure I like the color, was thinking of dying the lighter brown but unsure.
Leave it alone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads