• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yuketen Footwear

AceHarding

Reaction score
Scored these for $160 off a friend of a friend, from the 2012 release on Opening Ceremony. Unsure I like the color, was thinking of dying the lighter brown but unsure.
Just rock em! They look like they haven't been worn much, the leather will patina itself over time. I rarely advocate dying leather, it always loses some of its character.

Vamp-ire

Reaction score
Just rock em! They look like they haven't been worn much, the leather will patina itself over time. I rarely advocate dying leather, it always loses some of its character.

I feel boots would be tricker, especially these as they're hard leather. I dunno what type was used here as the box only listed natural in my research.

I'm going to shapir them and give them a coat of conditioning as they feel dryyyy.

AceHarding

Reaction score
I feel boots would be tricker, especially these as they're hard leather. I dunno what type was used here as the box only listed natural in my research.

I'm going to shapir them and give them a coat of conditioning as they feel dryyyy.
Maybe a Horween cavalier? It's difficult to say for sure. Some saphir will do them some good, let us know how you get on with them in a few months time!

Vamp-ire

Reaction score
Maybe a Horween cavalier? It's difficult to say for sure. Some saphir will do them some good, let us know how you get on with them in a few months time!

I typically do saohir Renovateur palm d'or overnight and a shine the next day and follow up with cadiliac leather lotion and top it off with renapur as a top coat. Havent had any issues with coloring changing with this combo. I just spread it out so the footwear doesnt get oversaturated.

This is after saphir

Attachments

• 16514246934799042488616329506294.jpg
    16514246934799042488616329506294.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 125

AceHarding

Reaction score
I typically do saohir Renovateur palm d'or overnight and a shine the next day and follow up with cadiliac leather lotion and top it off with renapur as a top coat. Havent had any issues with coloring changing with this combo. I just spread it out so the footwear doesnt get oversaturated.

This is after saphir
They're looking good!

Vamp-ire

Reaction score
Trying to hunt down Black Johnny Boots in Size US 8 5 or 9. Trying to pinpoint the size as the Maine DBs fit alittle tight

AceHarding

Reaction score
I heard it's 0.5 down for MI MEX boots.

It surprises me this thread isn't more active, but it says how niche Yuketen is
They make some of the best footwear in the world but they are pretty niche, the reality is only people heavy into fashion and quality footwear really know about them. The Maine Guide is the best moc boot out there and I like their version of the Birkenstock sandal style more too. Better shape, better materials.

Vamp-ire

Reaction score
They make some of the best footwear in the world but they are pretty niche, the reality is only people heavy into fashion and quality footwear really know about them. The Maine Guide is the best moc boot out there and I like their version of the Birkenstock sandal style more too. Better shape, better materials.

I'm really happy I found a pair for under $200 to try them out. They sit on Ebay and they're all priced at $300/$400 so it's a tough entry. I'm really loving the pair so far and I felt them stretch out as I walked so hoping to see how they break in so I know my sizing perfectly. So far I'm a 9D in brannock, 9.5D in running sneakers, 8.5D in most Alden lasts and 8UK along with a 9D in the red wing 8 last besides the Beckman and some mocs.

AceHarding

Reaction score
I'm really happy I found a pair for under $200 to try them out. They sit on Ebay and they're all priced at $300/$400 so it's a tough entry. I'm really loving the pair so far and I felt them stretch out as I walked so hoping to see how they break in so I know my sizing perfectly. So far I'm a 9D in brannock, 9.5D in running sneakers, 8.5D in most Alden lasts and 8UK along with a 9D in the red wing 8 last besides the Beckman and some mocs.
Yeah if you're a bit lucky and keep an eye out, especially on Japanese auctions you can find good deals. $400 is a steal IMO but most people probably see the MSRP and don't consider them.

Vamp-ire

Reaction score
Yeah if you're a bit lucky and keep an eye out, especially on Japanese auctions you can find good deals. $400 is a steal IMO but most people probably see the MSRP and don't consider them.

I showed my friend the $700 Johnny boots and this was his reaction lol. "You could get a nice watch"

I have a hard time justfiying used shoes for $400. Unless they're shell or something with a small run.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220504-085719_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20220504-085719_Messages.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 108

Rookoobay

Reaction score
and I like their version of the Birkenstock sandal style more too. Better shape, better materials.

definitely better materials, but I think I prefer the wider shape of Birks. also, these run small compared to Birks - probably due to the narrower toe box and thicker leather. I'm a 44 in Birks, 45 in the Yuk version and they're still a bit tight.

AceHarding

Reaction score
I showed my friend the $700 Johnny boots and this was his reaction lol. "You could get a nice watch"

I have a hard time justfiying used shoes for $400. Unless they're shell or something with a small run.
I've seen a few of the shell Maine Guides and they are definitely a pair I'm envious of. I haven't seen any pictures of actually worn pairs so I'm curious how they age. Paying several hundred for a nice watch has always perplexed me; it's a statement piece and has its functional purpose but a cheap pair of boots don't compare to an expensive pair whereas a G-Shock does everything functional a more expensive watch does. I think it's pretty easy to justify expensive footwear (particularly anything that can be resoled) over something like a watch which is effectively jewelry.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads