• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You're Going On a F**king Diet!!!!

BoilerRoom

Reaction score
It was 4 days old! Jesus. Can you not take a joke? You seem to have no problem with snarky comments.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milpool
You sure like talking about kids and drugs don't you? I think it is appropriate to tailor language to the audience. With a lot of patients, the messages just don't get through no matter how the doctor phrases it. This is obvious, as numerous patients continue to smoke despite having lung problems. Numerous obese patients continue to gain weight despite warnings from the doctors. Etc. Giving a more shocking message may help. But then again, maybe it won't, as the dumbass in this case decided to complain some more rather than listen and follow instructions.
Yeah well, patients thankfully retain a lot of free choice and are not forced to "follow instructions", in fact if a doctor approached me in such a commandeering manner I'd tell him to go ************. It's very telling that you would think you can just tell patients what to do with no input/choice of their own.

BoilerRoom

Reaction score
On Styleforum, is the difference between a troll and a contributor simply the number of post counts?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BoilerRoom
On Styleforum, is the difference between a troll and a contributor simply the number of post counts?

You,re a troll, zillka is a troll. Most of the other people aren't including those with low post counts. Feel free to ask me if you get confused.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BoilerRoom

On Styleforum, when the guy that owns the board points out a troll, people listen.

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=106

teacha.gif

Milpool

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Yeah well, patients thankfully retain a lot of free choice and are not forced to "follow instructions", in fact if a doctor approached me in such a commandeering manner I'd tell him to go ************. It's very telling that you would think you can just tell patients what to do with no input/choice of their own.

Why is she seeking medical advice if she isn't interested in following the instructions provided? She has the choice to simply be fat and not ask a doctor to help her.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Why is she seeking medical advice if she isn't interested in following the instructions provided? She has the choice to simply be fat and not ask a doctor to help her.
So you think people should be forced to do what their doctor tells them? Please. Consulting someone does not entail doing exactly as they say, it means you're requesting their professional opinion on something not that you're giving them reign over your life. If I go to a doctor and he tells me I should stop smoking I'll smile and say "yeah I should"and won't do it. I appreciate and understand his concern but I chose not to follow his advice.

BoilerRoom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
On Styleforum, when the guy that owns the board points out a troll, people listen. http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=106
teacha.gif

Exactly what benefit would I derive from creating a "troll thread" entitled "Ideas to Fix the Economy"? I really don't get it. I"m sorry I didn't read every thread over the past couple weeks in CE before I started it.

Milpool

Reaction score
So you think people should be forced to do what their doctor tells them? Please. Consulting someone does not entail doing exactly as they say, it means you're requesting their professional opinion on something not that you're giving them reign over your life.

If I go to a doctor and he tells me I should stop smoking I'll smile and say "yeah I should"and won't do it. I appreciate and understand his concern but I chose not to follow his advice.

You are missing part of the story though. Your example would be better if you had lung cancer, asked the doctor for help, and then ignored his advice to stop smoking and then proceeded to ***** about it.

In that case, you, just like the woman in the article, would have no credibility and would be subject to ridicule on the interwebs.

zillka

Reaction score
So you think people should be forced to do what their doctor tells them? Please.
no, people have choices. why'd she enter the doctor's office in the first place if she were content on being fat? please go have a donut, so we can all subsidize your health premiums. oh, and apparently anyone under 1,000 posts is a troll, thanks for the memo. mooooo

B1FF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Something tells me it will not be a successful, long term weight loss for her "lifestyle" either.

At least she recognizes that her chosen lifestyle is abhorrent and is taking measures to help ensure she no longer engages in this deviant behavior.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
You are missing part of the story though. Your example would be better if you had lung cancer, asked the doctor for help, and then ignored his advice to stop smoking and then proceeded to ***** about it.

In that case, you, just like the woman in the article, would have no credibility and would be subject to ridicule on the interwebs.

That's fine because I have no problem with her being ridiculed by the internutz, I have a problem with her doctor not keeping his cool.

Milpool

Reaction score
That's fine because I have no problem with her being ridiculed by the internutz, I have a problem with her doctor not keeping his cool.

Which brings us full circle. I have no problem with doctors tailoring their language to suit the audience.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
I had two donuts today. One was just a standard glazed yeast donut and the other I had assumed was a yeast donut with maple frosting. To my surprise and delight my second bite revealed a cavern filled with whipped cream. Walmart donuts FTW!

By the way, Doctors are people too and irresposible jumbosaurs are probably some of their most frustrating patients.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads