• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yoox - which are your favorite unknown brands?

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered Jofre wool/alpaca sport coat.
Horrible quality of material. It looked so drab and cheap I did not even tried it on.
Back to the box it came in and off to the YOOX warehouse.
Stay away ,you have been warned.
http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?cod10=4...41S&sts=orders

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked up, on a whim, a military henley from "Dondup". Well, it is really nice. The heathered blueish grey wool/cotton blend ribbed fabric has a great hand, and the raw edges are interesting without being in your face, and the choice of trim color and stitching color (a lighter blue that still has some grey in it) is really good. The cut was slim but slouchy, and the works for this silhouette. More B.Son or V::room than Wings+Horns, if that means anything to you.

Did a little research on this brand, and didn't turn up either much in the way of press, nor in Stateside stockists, and a lot of the stuff is on sale at Yoox, so this may be a way to individualize up your Dressed by the Interwebz wardrobe.

mattjames

Reaction score
How about '57 T' for jackets? They look like they might be quite well-made. I imagine they're about at the level of Tonello.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GuP
What about in footwear? Anyone know of Cristiano Gualtieri? I was looking for casual loafers to wear with jeans when going out to clubs/bars. Came across these: http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/CRISTI...s/searchResult

Thoughts?

They are worth $50.00 imo.
Leather is thick but pretty poor quality, I would expect them to last 2 seasons at best.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FERRE jackets size IT48/US38 actual measurement shoulder to shoulder is just over 17" , so FERRE's IT48 is very slim. Waist suppression is very dramatic and tight even on me. Silhouette is fashion forward and might be too much for conservative dresser.
My advise would be size up, especially if your are between US38 and US40.

BRIAN DALES jackets are sized 1:1 to US sizes. So IT48 would match US38 exactly. Actual measurement across shoulders would be 17 1/5-18"
Nice lapel roll, pronounced waist suppression, but overall more of a traditional European cut.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moschino fits true to american size if not a bit larger. Anything double breasted like this trench and you might need to go a full size down.

http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?cod10=4...01L&sts=orders

Shoulders 19" for US 40

VERRI fits small.

Full size smaller than marked: IT 50/US 40 = IT48/US38 IN Jakcets at least. I have not tried any pants or shirts so YMMW.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
FERRE jackets size IT48/US38 actual measurement shoulder to shoulder is just over 17" , so FERRE's IT48 is very slim. Waist suppression is very dramatic and tight even on me. Silhouette is fashion forward and might be too much for conservative dresser.
My advise would be size up, especially if your are between US38 and US40.

I have a few items from GF Ferre and it is all very slim, including the pants. I have a large polo from GF Ferre that fits more like a small. Sizing up wouldn't be a bad idea.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a very well cut, elegantly styled Deuxieme peacoat that I love. It's very slim cut and quite flattering. I also like Victor Victoria stuff; have a great structured, trim-fit overcoat that fits well over suits and sports coats. Corpo Nove has also got some fun casual clothes, although I think they're marketing to a younger age group. I have coat made of wool and peat fibre; kinda funky with an interesting texture.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a pair of Weber pants and unfortunately for me, they are sized rather small. The size 36 I purchased has a waist of 29". Too bad because they are a killer pair of pants and they don't have one in my size...

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
Got a pair of Weber pants and unfortunately for me, they are sized rather small. The size 36 I purchased has a waist of 29". Too bad because they are a killer pair of pants and they don't have one in my size...

That's because Yoox routinely screws up pant sizing. Usually a '36' means a Euro size 46. Which is to say, small.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
That's because Yoox routinely screws up pant sizing. Usually a '36' means a Euro size 46. Which is to say, small.

I wouldn't say it's a screw-up. They are an Italian company, so it makes sense that they would use European conventions. The world doesn't revolve around America and its conventions...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads