• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yoox - which are your favorite unknown brands?

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i used to see orlando alot at century 21 in nyc

Badseeds

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this thread just reminds me that I slept over the huge sale a couple of days ago................ Almost half of my dream box went away within one night.......

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope you are well rested.

Badseeds

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks...
blush.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've just received the stuff I bought from Yoox's last fire sale. Lo and behold, the pair of Jean Shop raw denim I bought for my girlfriend is selvage.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
The construction is beautiful, and the denim even more so. My girlfriend is thrilled and her ass looks fantastic in said jeans. So, raw + selvage + beautiful ass = Jean Shop gets an A in my book. BTW, the jeans look just like these pair, except they were on sale.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Even at the regular price, I'd gladly pay $168 for these over any of the typical girl jeans anytime. Oh, I also bought her a Costume National coat, which costs several times more than the Jean Shop. But we're both more excited about the jeans.
laugh.gif
Guess who's getting some extra special loving tonight?
bounce2.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
I've just received the stuff I bought from Yoox's last fire sale. Lo and behold, the pair of Jean Shop raw denim I bought for my girlfriend is selvage.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
The construction is beautiful, and the denim even more so. My girlfriend is thrilled and her ass looks fantastic in said jeans. So, raw + selvage + beautiful ass = Jean Shop gets an A in my book.

BTW, the jeans look just like these pair, except they were on sale.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Even at the regular price, I'd gladly pay $168 for these over any of the typical girl jeans anytime.

Oh, I also bought her a Costume National coat, which costs several times more than the Jean Shop. But we're both more excited about the jeans.
laugh.gif

Guess who's getting some extra special loving tonight?
bounce2.gif

Yeah, all of Jean Shop jeans are selvedge. FWIW, 5EP now has a woman's cut, in selvedge stretch denim.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my first inexpensive ABCM2 blazer. The cut is slim with a waist suppression. Nice little details like first button-hole on the sleeve has pink stitching to indicate working button. I thought it was funny. Material is a good quality and drapes well and feels substantial. Composition is wool/cashmere.
Buttons and seams finished well no loose threads no falling off buttons.
I am 100% satisfied with ABCM2 blazer.

gusgusterson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
I was just checking out Yoox and that this allegri coat is now available for purchase. I tried to buy it before, but it was sold out.

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/ALLEGR...022Z/areaid/35

I'm not 100% sure I will have a need for it, but I can always sell it and make my money back...

I just returned the very same Allegri coat - it's actually cotton, the liner is 90% wool/10% cashmere. Also, "Allegri" is printed in large white letters on the underside of the collar.

ragcondesk

Reaction score
I, too have bought items from Xavier Delcour and Gazzarrini Uomo - some I really love. The two I seem fixated on Fake London and Dassler's PUMA (and I see xStyle has one of the FLG for 30 & free shipping) have been favs.
T-Skin makes some of the finest t-shirts I own. Grifoni (http://www.maurogrifoni.com/) makes beautiful clothing - as does Coast, Weber and Ahaus. Virtual Clothes Horse use to carry tons of the latter but stock is down now. Coast does shirts, Weber = pants, Ahaus = knitwear. I bought five killer Ahaus sweaters from VCH for about 50 each - they sell for 5 to 700.00 - and I have gotten tons of wear and as many compliments on these beauties. At the end of the day, Paolo Pecora and Mason's are my all-time favourites. Pecora's use of fabric and unique design style puts him in a class of his own whereas Mason's (you either love or hate) IMHO makes the worlds finest cargo/sport pants. VCH has some fine examples left.

At the end of the day bargain prices come down to one thing - can you wait a few months for those 'must-have' pieces? The difference a few days can make can amount to 80% - or better - savings. I found this out the hard way when in the mid-Eighties I went to NYC in September to find each and every high-end designer had reduced prices to 80% off retail. When you can get $10,000.00 worth of clothing for 2K (for me, at least) it sure does make a difference.

That said do I wish I could have gone out and bought without a care as to savings? You bet I do...

Later on - if time permits - I am going to list a few other of my fav YOOX. They are having a great sale right now with additional 20% off already reduced wear. Also xStyle has some great stuff - free shipping on the 27th and 28th! Maybe I can get someone to but the stuff I am looking at so I will not be tempted;-)

I REALLY need to get a new camera as I would have liked to post some of the Ahaus and Pecora.

I know some of these are not Italian, per se, but are made in Italy.

ragcondesk

Reaction score
GREED with Master Coast, Orlando (love the jeans). I know I have bought too much when some of my other favs slipped my mind;

DANIELE ALESSANDRINI (sexy t-shirts)
Dondup (VERY cool cords and jeans)
Frankie Morello (sweet summer wear)
Golden Goose (my leather accented cords are Fall favs but even the reg cords are so fun and cool [sized by S,M & L though])
Vintage 55 (some of the best sweatshirts, t's and plain jeans I have)

and last but not least, Seal Kay. I have a few casual shirts that I wear often - and love every time I wear.

Funny how many of these slipped my mind in earlier listing - maybe says something about how I think of them.

As of late the LA stuff has been predominate in purchases. Just yesterday I bought the most expensive pair of jeans in terms of actual outlay but a fraction of retail value in comparison at 185.00 http://cgi.ebay.com/MONARCHY-JEANS-M...QQcmdZViewItem

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aspesi is a very acceptable-quality casual pants, albeit often improperly sized by Yoox. Go only by waist size never trust their conversion.
Le Marais items are so bad... they might as well make potato sacks. Quality of fabric and craftsmanship is hideous. Stay away form Le Marais products even at the deepest discounts, because it will just cost you $5.00 restocking fee to return that horrid stuff. I would not even try to re-sell it at cost, as I know no one in a right mind would be satisfied with a quality.
The blazer that I got from Le Marais had crooked seams on front pockets, gigantic arm holes, atrocious half-lining that looked like hospital bandage material. On top of it all it was sized too large where US 38R was more like full 40R despite the coat being marked IT 48.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads