• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suit brands for slim men: fully canvassed/half canvassed/fused - the definitive list

lovelux2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mountains
Are you sure it was Calvin Klein Collection (aka his Black Label)? CK has a number of diffusion labels.

i realize diffusion brands have advantages and bring in a lot of money to brands, but this is a case of the diffusion line hurting and causing confusion about a higher line, and perhaps taking confidence away from potential buyers about construction quality etc

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Z-Zegna does indeed come in a short. Of note, someone who usually buys a short can sometimes wear a regular in RLBL unless they're going for a runway-short look. In the either half canvased or fused category you can put Etro, very slim, and Theory (these will definitely be fused), some of which mirror Z-Zegna in terms of fits, some of which are a bit slimmer. The full Theory suits may be available as short, but the separates generally aren't. Hope this helps.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lovelux2010; Thanks for this thread and kudos to you for wading in to this forum with such a low post count.
I have a great appreciation for quality clothing and great wine and contribute to quite a few wine BB's. After being a lurker on this board for a year and just recently registering, I will have limited posts here due to the fact that damn near every thread I'm interested in contains a ridiculous amount of barbed comments, venom and "I'm sooo much more knowledgable than you and you are a mere piss ant on this board"...quite a shame really but I digress.
I just wanted to thank you for starting this. I am 5'9 3/4" and about 155#'s. Much prefer to buy OTR and info in this thread is helpful

lovelux2010

Reaction score
hi guys..
thanks a lot for the info, been added to the list. i'll clean up the list as well (put a bit more structure so easier to read) at some point once we gather more info..

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marc Jacobs Collection is half-canvassed (the stuff I own anyway); occasionally unlined in the summer. I have seen a few that were full, but those are probably outliers.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^^ shoulda called yourself "Armani Man". I've only heard you mention Hermes once!

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New armani collezioni are fully canvased (by Zenga I believe).

zerostyle

Reaction score
Not sure if this is high-end enough for the thread, but the Brooks Brothers 1818 Fitzgerald is fairly slim fitting and is half-canvassed. Price ranges from $600-$900 depending on the sale.

Neb

Reaction score
nice thread, helped me learn a bit more about my suits.

I have a Hugo Boss suit that's a half canvassed slim fit (I'm a 38) paid $1400 Canadian (so say $1200US?) for it.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neb
nice thread, helped me learn a bit more about my suits.

I have a Hugo Boss suit that's a half canvassed slim fit (I'm a 38) paid $1400 Canadian (so say $1200US?) for it.

Are you sure?

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boss Selection is half canvassed i think, and Selection Tailored line is full.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads