• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Any thoughts on the Patriot Check folks? Part of me really wants it, but it may be a bit too bold for my blood.

Edit: Zegna Navy Twill & Zegna Bunnacia WSL also kopped 
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

For me it would be great with a bold colorful summer "Neapolitan" get up with it. Either a bold sport jacket as Clee suggests, lightweight pants, bright white shirt and most importantly sun. :)

I can also see this working off season under a red sweater, casually.

This Denim Stripe is terrific, and unlike anything you'll see most tie makers do. It's actual Italian Stretch denim that is a GREAT casual tie. This tie was a "Show Only" tie for a while (meaning we never released it online and just at our pop up events) and always was one of the first to sell there. In fact its teh second or third time we've made it up. It always sells out at shows.

Glad you guys are eating up this sale, stuff is moving pretty quick...

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to post a photo of my Barber. In the meantime, I can definitely vouch for it.

Considering ordering another in size 4 at the new lower price and washing it down to size. But I'll wait a bit and give everyone else a chance to get in.
smile.gif
OK, ordered a Barber. Anxiously awaiting its arrival

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yowzers that Rosso Plaid is some sort of wonderful. Fantastic texture, and enough slubbage to render the inevitable hangnail induced snags moot. Very glad I also ordered its blue companion!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hearing a lot of guys would like to see the Leonardo Barber Shirt fit pics in the wild. I literally wear the **** out of mine....every day since I got the first sample in the Bunaccia. It's vital for what I do day to day. When I first started getting into menswear, teaching was a very different profession. My class sizes went from mid 20's to mid and even upper 30's in just 10 years. Also, demands on teachers have increased tremendously. Not that we weren't working before, but now we're expected to be MUCH more active and mobile in the classroom, especially as focus has increased on students with disabilities. For instance, I've gone from having ZERO special education students to now having them in every class. Tracking these students with great detail is expected daily, as is tracking for EVERY student regularly. I have to keep a notebook on me at ALL times, and sometimes walking across the room to my desk (navigating the maze of 36 desks and students) sometimes takes longer than I need it to. The hip pockets and the pen pocket are vital. They also provide me great storage when I'm not working so that I don't need to jam my pants pockets. I think of it more like a stylish lab coat, and I feel my classroom is more of a laboratory than it's ever been.

Having said that, I've not been posting too much of myself in here (or in WAYWT) as my style has drastically changed to adapt to my environment and daily needs. I need to be comfortable and generally wear the same thing everyday. RRL Officer Chinos or Denim, Boots or Sneakers, Solid Simple Tee Shirt, Grey Hoodie or Crew and my Barber Shirt. Sometimes I'll throw an Heirloom Button Down under the Barber instead of the tee and hoodie, depending on if I have meetings or not scheduled. Bottom line, it's just not as practical for me to "dress up" anymore.

But, here's a few pics from recent days:

The Bunaccia is the sample and doesn't have the pen pocket, which I find annoying....but will be adding soon. All of the production Bunaccia have that feature.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FR is a surprisingly good bourbon (I'm by no means an expert on bourbon lol), especially given the crazy low price tag. I've had much less enjoyable bottles for easily triple the price.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodhpur