• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wythe Official Thread - this ain't your meemaw's yeehaw

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
..Fair enough but there have been plenty of times I've ordered from various places online and found the measurements significantly off.
Two things:
(1) some places do NOT measure garments at all. They just post the brand's measurement chart which is something that is used for production and then not checked or measured on the finished garments. we do not ever do that. Even for the 3sixteen jeans we dropped, we thought we'd just lift the detailed grid from their site. Well, after checking a couple, we realize that was not a good idea and measured everything again
(2) variance: garments vary from one to the other (sometimes significantly... remember than for many measurements + or -1 cm across is considered normal/QC approved variance). We measure one shirt in Medium, and that doesn't mean that all Mediums will measure the same. Our experience is that they usually don't except with some rare brands that have incredibly tight internal variance. Unfortunately, the precision of a measurement grid gives the illusion that these are the precise measurements of the item you will receive. THey're unlikely to be, unless we had just one in each size

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea that's a Large

I've heard about this rad NYC webstore that carries just the shirts I want, but unfortunately they don't offer international shipping anymore... :paranoia:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard about this rad NYC webstore that carries just the shirts I want, but unfortunately they don't offer international shipping anymore... :paranoia:
I heard about them!! I hear they saved thousands of dollars last year on unpaid duties, lost packages and returned international shipments. And a 100% decrease in nasty emails and angry complaints about slow international shipping and duties due.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard about them!! I hear they saved thousands of dollars last year on unpaid duties, lost packages and returned international shipments. And a 100% decrease in nasty emails and angry complaints about slow international shipping and duties due.

Must be some other outfit that. I can't imagine people treating the cool guys at the store I am thinking about like that. I even heard the owner was Dutch or something. Dutch people are always a pleasure to deal with.

MeatFish

Reaction score
Yeah, but the shoulders seem very narrow compared to the chest... ?‍♂️
Oh wait! I thought you were referring to the mole skin pearl snaps. Haven’t tried the flannels yet so uhh, disregard!

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This looks great. Well done. How did you size? How do you like the shirt otherwise?
Thanks! This is a small, which works well for me (5’11”, 38” chest). I tried a medium but it was too big, although fine to wear as an overshirt.

Also note there’s a bit of variance between shirts - I have a couple of the new western flannel shirts and one had a chest measurement about 1.5” narrower than the other out of the box

mcfly26

Reaction score
the coat and pale flannel sell out instantly at nmwa - any other places where these pieces will be sold?

jdemotion

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
WytheFW21LookbookA-09-01_2048x2048.jpg

Does anyone know if the "Brown's Beach" type vest and jacket in the editorial going to drop soon (assuming it's Wythe and not vintage)?

eddiemczee

Reaction score
@mcfly26 I talked to Peter because I, too, missed out on the Sandy Dunes in small and he said that unfortunately, there won't be any restocks. They have it in the work shirt, but I'm more of a fan of the pearl snaps and sawtooth pockets. With that said, if anyone is looking to pass on a small - hit me up!

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads