• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

aw82

Reaction score
First post here.

I'm looking at the 44L Granoro suit and am wondering if it's going to work for me. I am pretty tall (6'4") and have large thighs (27" circumference at the widest part). My inseam is 34" and I wear a 17-36 shirt. My problem buying suits (especially with flat-front trousers) is that the trousers are typically pretty snug. I don't need baggy, but I need to be able to put keys and wallet in my pockets. I recently tried a 44L Hugo Boss that fit perfectly, except for the thighs, which couldn't be let out enough to make it work.

I'm also a little concerned that the jacket might not be long enough (body not sleeves). I don't really know how to measure my torso, though.

Any advice?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

First post here.

I'm looking at the 44L Granoro suit and am wondering if it's going to work for me.  I am pretty tall (6'4") and have large thighs (27" circumference at the widest part).  My inseam is 34" and I wear a 17-36 shirt. My problem buying suits (especially with flat-front trousers) is that the trousers are typically pretty snug.  I don't need baggy, but I need to be able to put keys and wallet in my pockets.  I recently tried a 44L Hugo Boss that fit perfectly, except for the thighs, which couldn't be let out enough to make it work.

I'm also a little concerned that the jacket might not be long enough (body not sleeves). I don't really know how to measure my torso, though.

Any advice?

Welcome to the forum! At 6'4", it's though to say because usually a Long is good for 6' - 6'3". Your best bet is probably the one black suit we have left in e54L in the Lucente model which is cut just slightly longer than the Granoro model (by about 1cm). Also the pants can be swapped out in black for the fuller modeled pants (Verdi model), although you won't have enough to put a cuff on them. Best bet is to try one, or both, and you always have 30 days to return. The charcoal and medium grey will have extra trousers later as well, and you can always size up to help accommodate the thighs if need be.

aw82

Reaction score
Looks like you have Verdi trousers in charcoal as well. Are those the same material as the Granoro suit and would it be possible to swap them with the Granoro trousers if those don't work for me?

aw82

Reaction score
Tacking on to my last question...

I went suit shopping today to get a better feel for the fit of different cuts. So far, the best fitting jacket I have found was a Hugo Boss 44L. The trousers were way too tight in the thighs, though. I also went to Brooks Brothers and tried on one of their Fitzgerald suits (46L). The pants (flat front) fit great and the jacket was pretty good too, though the waist would need to come in a fair amount.

Not knowing how your suits fit in comparison to these, I'm wondering if a 44L will be big enough in the shoulders (I am very square-shouldered) and if the pants would fit at all. And unfortunately you don't seem to have anything in 46L other than a Maestro jacket, which I'm not as fond of due to the high button.

From a hard-to-fit guy...HELP!

Tvob

Reaction score
Hello there, I have become such a fan of your Benjamin suit collection that I recently purchased a medium gray Granoro in 36S. I am looking everywhere for a quality solid navy suit but no luck. Benjamin, are u going to have any solid navy Lucente or Granoro in 36S in stock soon? Or will your upcoming shipment in August include a solid navy in that size? Thanks!!

AnImp

Reaction score
I seem to be running into an odd situation- I'm about a 38-39" chest, and approximately a 17-17.5" shoulder, so I should be ordering a 38, which is fine. But the measurements seem to indicate that I'd be closet to a 38L than R- or maybe I'm just expecting a more traditional cut, and these jackets are cut just an inch or so on the short side? I'm 5'10 for reference

Last edited:

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Looks like you have Verdi trousers in charcoal as well. Are those the same material as the Granoro suit and would it be possible to swap them with the Granoro trousers if those don't work for me?

Yes, except for the current navy (new ones coming in will be the same), trousers are same material as suits for those that like 2 or more pair for suits. We should be able to accommodate swaps.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Tacking on to my last question...

I went suit shopping today to get a better feel for the fit of different cuts.  So far, the best fitting jacket I have found was a Hugo Boss 44L.  The trousers were way too tight in the thighs, though.  I also went to Brooks Brothers and tried on one of their Fitzgerald suits (46L).  The pants (flat front) fit great and the jacket was pretty good too, though the waist would need to come in a fair amount.

Not knowing how your suits fit in comparison to these, I'm wondering if a 44L will be big enough in the shoulders (I am very square-shouldered) and if the pants would fit at all.  And unfortunately you don't seem to have anything in 46L other than a Maestro jacket, which I'm not as fond of due to the high button.

From a hard-to-fit guy...HELP!

Hmmm.... it's really hard to say for sure. We are due to receive more 45/46L in charcoal, medium grey and navy in a few weeks with the lower button stance...

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hello there, I have become such a fan of your Benjamin suit collection that I recently purchased a medium gray Granoro in 36S. I am looking everywhere for a quality solid navy suit but no luck. Benjamin, are u going to have any solid navy Lucente or Granoro in 36S in stock soon? Or will your upcoming shipment in August include a solid navy in that size? Thanks!!

Yes more coming in solid navy 36S! IT will be a modified Granoro model.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I seem to be running into an odd situation- I'm about a 38-39" chest, and approximately a 17-17.5" shoulder, so I should be ordering a 38, which is fine. But the measurements seem to indicate that I'd be closet to a 38L than R- or maybe I'm just expecting a more traditional cut, and these jackets are cut just an inch or so on the short side? I'm 5'10 for reference

At 5'10" I am 90% sure you would wear a 38R and not a 38L, unless you have huge shoulders/traps (or permanently shrugging your shoulders)

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
By the way I'm not sure I mentioned before but we are getting in tuxedos - single button peak lapel satin facings. Side vents - I know it's not traditional to have vents but if you don't like you can have them closed! Flat front trousers. Fully canvassed - of course.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

By the way I'm not sure I mentioned before but we are getting in tuxedos - single button peak lapel satin facings. Side vents - I know it's not traditional to have vents but if you don't like you can have them closed! Flat front trousers. Fully canvassed - of course.

fyi: I've already got a Tux and I made a point of seeking out side vents, so kudos :slayer:

Bigger point, I never realized that they could be closed. Personally, I hate the un-vented look (I'm tall, which makes it worse), but it's an interesting option to at least be aware of.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

fyi: I've already got a Tux and I made a point of seeking out side vents, so kudos :slayer:
Bigger point, I never realized that they could be closed. Personally, I hate the un-vented look (I'm tall, which makes it worse), but it's an interesting option to at least be aware of.

Thanks for the feedback - I myself am not a fan of the unvented look - even on dinner jackets. Vents are, after all, functional. If having an unvented jacket one might as well not have any pockets on the pants!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads